• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Free Agent Updates

Mr. Scot

38 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

Well, the back-up QB, regardless of whom your HC is (because they are more like CEO's, not position coaches), is very important. It's important for on the field purposes during the game, it's important to help break down film outside of work hours. They also help snip film for film study.

So no, it's not overblown. Not in the least. If we are rolling with Stroud and Corral, we are going to be missing a huge element of what makes that job what it is. It's why guys like Colin Kaeper-get punched in the face didn't get a shot at jobs, he didn't want to be the back-up. It's why Russell Wilson would retire. It's why guys like Case Keenum, Colt McCoy, Tyrod Taylor, Heinicke, and Bridgewater will have jobs until they don't want them anymore. They are an extension of the coaching staff to the starter.

It is very important, especially for a rookie QB. It's even important for a guy like Peyton Manning and Tom Brady, even when Tom Brady had a former NFL QB as an OC. It's why we retained a guy like Derek Anderson for so long despite having a Shula as the OC and Cam being an MVP QB by that point.

So don't undersell the value of this here just to pacify your feelings; or rather try to use irrational logic to suit your confirmation bias. 

Lol, pretending like that’s the only formula and that it takes some magical rare unicorn at backup QB. Just lol. I think you just like to find things to complain about. You’re really in here pounding the table on backup QB like it makes or breaks the team lol.

For that matter, why are you still here? I’m genuinely confused. You’re so doom and gloom about the team I don’t really know why you’re here. Remember, we would have been better off with a college coaching staff and trading every first rd pick for 30 yr old QBs lol. Remember we have no leadership and nothing to build on and the best coaches in history would be fired from this team in 3 years. That’s what you said right? Sounds pretty hopeless, maybe you should take a break since we’re going to be so terrible for 3 more years and be right back here again with a new HC.

I know this is an offseason tradition but why are we the only team in the league that doesn’t have actual insiders telling us things that are happening inside the building

other fanbases are treated to which players have received an offer sheet, which players they narrowly missed out on, which players are being considered 

instead we have our “insiders” “leaking” things as they appear on the team website and then saying “this is something that was communicated to me a while ago.”

can we get an actual insider please and not an unofficial mouthpiece for the team 

Edited by Growl

1 minute ago, Growl said:

I know this is an offseason tradition but why are we the only team in the league that doesn’t have actual insiders telling us things that are happening inside the building

other fanbases are treated to which players have received an offer sheet, which players they narrowly missed out on, which players are being considered 

instead we have our “insiders” “leaking” things as they appear on the team website and then saying “this is something that was communicated to me a while ago.”

can we get an actual insider please

Makes me miss the old days of the all pro section. 

8 minutes ago, Growl said:

can we get an actual insider please and not an unofficial mouthpiece for the team 

We have a contingent of internet a--holes that tend to run those types off, so...

shrug.gif

• Pie 4

1 hour ago, CPcavedweller said:

Well, the back-up QB, regardless of whom your HC is (because they are more like CEO's, not position coaches), is very important. It's important for on the field purposes during the game, it's important to help break down film outside of work hours. They also help snip film for film study.

So no, it's not overblown. Not in the least. If we are rolling with Stroud and Corral, we are going to be missing a huge element of what makes that job what it is. It's why guys like Colin Kaeper-get punched in the face didn't get a shot at jobs, he didn't want to be the back-up. It's why Russell Wilson would retire. It's why guys like Case Keenum, Colt McCoy, Tyrod Taylor, Heinicke, and Bridgewater will have jobs until they don't want them anymore. They are an extension of the coaching staff to the starter.

It is very important, especially for a rookie QB. It's even important for a guy like Peyton Manning and Tom Brady, even when Tom Brady had a former NFL QB as an OC. It's why we retained a guy like Derek Anderson for so long despite having a Shula as the OC and Cam being an MVP QB by that point.

So don't undersell the value of this here just to pacify your feelings; or rather try to use irrational logic to suit your confirmation bias. 

They also might become your head coach one day. 

2 minutes ago, Growl said:

welcome to the world of working in sports media, get over it 

I think I'd rather ask our resident posters just to not be a--holes.

(it's genuinely possible, loads of people do it every day)

That, or out mods could be aggressive with the ban hammer when someone's being a dick to such guys.

Edited by Mr. Scot

55 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

Yeah, but he was hurt for almost the whole year. His body seems to be breaking down at 31. He could be completely healthy in '23, but i wouldn't gamble on that. Would much rather have a rookie TE that can grow with CJ or Schultz or Geisecki.  

He was hurt most of the year. I know - he was on my FF team.