• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Free Agent Updates

Mr. Scot

3 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

which im truly wondering why... would it be economy related? Is the league trying to bring down prices of players? Pretty wild stuff.

I wonder if it has something to do with the QBs getting most of the cap increase each year--

I’ll say this about Hurst. He’s never really gotten a full season to do his thing in an offense that uses the TE. Those years in Baltimore were a wash because he couldn’t even get targets. Honestly, few could because of how strange Lamar made it. He got some good run with Atlanta that was probably closest to who he really is as a player without splitting time. He still only started 9 games that year and played even less the next season. His career was in life support before the Bengals. Even there it was a somewhat bad spot because despite getting starts, he was still way down the pecking order because they had to feed Chase, Higgins, and Boyd. He did enough to show he’s still a player. 77% of his targets were caught and that’s eye popping. He’s got a young body for 29, but a lot of guys at this position bloom late for not finding the right opportunity. I think he’s good for 600 yards and 5 touchdowns and any talk of overpayment will be gone. I think we signed him less because we were scared of paying the top end guys, but because those guys weren’t our preference. We went out and got the one we wanted. Same with Vonn Bell and Shy Tuttle. Adam Thelein was also made a quick priority. This team has direction for the first time. They’re not just out there shopping for the best names for the least money. 

• Pie 4

5 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

If we could get Hopkins for a 4th or 5th...

waynes world GIF

I think they should try. He would be returning “home” after all and this roster is not bad. Add a couple more pieces like him and some young talent in the draft, playoffs could be more than just a dream.