• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

IF Cam Erving comes back cheap, would you want him back?

TheBigKat

I think he was a nice guy but a terrible NFL starter

From what I read  Ekwonu stated that Irving gave him a lot of veteran advice throughout the season.

With Christenson / Corbett nursing injuries, I personally would not mind to bring Erving back on a very team friendly 2-3 year deal. He can play all 5 positions, none of them great of course but I just think he is an ideal vet leader for this young O-line

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Cheap? Sure. But he's made a lot of money in his career. Not sure he'd want to continue for near veteran minimum which is what is want him at.

I will say this, he seemed to be smiling and enjoying life last year here (who wouldn't be making bank to do nothing) and the other offensive lineman gravitated towards him.

So maybe he is willing to come back cheap, bc like you said, it's the only way it makes sense

I think James Campen will also have a say

Edited by Seltzer
  • Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

I’m beginning to see we just need to wish the opposite of your cheerleading 

Sorry, he was ass cheeks in Cleveland and was of no real use here but as a mentor/backup. Get out of the bargain basement and shop for mentors that can actually play too.

We've got a great starting line, but with a new system coming in, no need to keep guys like Erving or Elflein around for continuity.  

I'm not going to pretend I know backup lineman in the league, but I'd like to see us fill backup spots with players who are familiar with the offensive coaches who have come in.  Guys who will know the system and concepts and can help make the starters pick it up faster and be more suited to play if needed from injuries.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1