• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Frank Reich has NO EXCUSES… playoffs or bust in 3 seasons

TheBigKat

1 hour ago, *FreeFua* said:

By the time this offseason is over I don’t think we’re going to have as much cap space in 2024 as a lot of you think we will 

Assuming a Burns extension gets done. They’ll probably take a big hit next year. Von and Shy are 20 mill against our cap. A lot of these contracts are being structured this way due to all the dead money/lack of space this year. 

Shaq’s contract hasn’t been posted yet either and I’m sure they just pushed most of it over to next year 

Guys like Donte and Ian can be cut though so save a nice chunk

Who cares about the cap. Everyone knows it is easily manipulated. Look at the Saints for a shining example.

We went 7-10 with Rhule starting off 1-4  and Wilks going 6-6. Winning less than 7 games is a big step back and honestly like it or not Wilks had us at 500 with crap for quarterbacks and an average OC. The idea that we won't do better and will suffer a 5th losing season won't be okay with this fan base. I know I won't like it. If the rookie isn't ready to win then put in Dalton until he is. But he doesn't have 3 years to get us to the playoffs especially in this division.

• Pie 1

This year i think the goal is to strive for .500 and show consistent improvement.   (We never saw any improvement under the previous regime).  Their goal is to get the systems and schemes in place and get as many pieces in place as they can starting with the biggest one, qb.  See who fits in these schemes and who doesnt and in year two they are looking to have a huge amount of cap to fill the remaining holes and the goal year 2 will be playoffs.  Thats the way i see it anyways.

5 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

We went 7-10 with Rhule starting off 1-4  and Wilks going 6-6. Winning less than 7 games is a big step back and honestly like it or not Wilks had us at 500 with crap for quarterbacks and an average OC. The idea that we won't do better and will suffer a 5th losing season won't be okay with this fan base. I know I won't like it. If the rookie isn't ready to win then put in Dalton until he is. But he doesn't have 3 years to get us to the playoffs especially in this division.

We also had the 27th weakest schedule in 2022.   

That 2022 team wouldn't of won 7 with a hard schedule.   

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

24 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Who cares about the cap. Everyone knows it is easily manipulated. Look at the Saints for a shining example.

Oh good lord 

Ah yes the Saints, they haven’t paid significant consequences at all due to their cap issues. They’ve been able to keep all their good players the last few years… smh

Edited by *FreeFua*

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

this year it's playoffs and win the division.

next year it's a deep playoff run, maybe NFCCG.

by year three, especially with him drafting his QB this year, Superbowl in year three. If he doesn't win one in year 4 it probably won't happen. If a coach/QB combo is going to win a Superbowl together, it's likely going to happen within the first 3 maybe 4 years or not at all.

I largely agree with this timeline, although I'd tweak it to say that this year the minimum should be wild card birth. Next year it should be win the division and deep playoff run, and then on and on as you have it.

21 minutes ago, CRA said:

Also every time we really needed to win...we choked. The bucs game that knocked us out of the playoffs was one of the worst coached games I've ever seen. Then we win the following week once we were eliminated. lol 

26 minutes ago, CRA said:

You think fans worry about that? And strength of schedule is really overblown given strength of schedule is based on last year results not this year. With all the changes we are making we should be much better than last year so even though we could have a harder schedule we should still do better than 7 wins. You can make excuses already if you want but that is not the overall mood or expectations from most of the rest of us.

33 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Oh good lord 

Ah yes the Saints, they haven’t paid significant consequences at all due to their cap issues. They’ve been able to keep all their good players the last few years… smh

Actually they have kept everyone they wanted. Like Kamara's big salary, just resigned Thomas which was a mistake. They just signed Carr to a huge contract. Shake your head all you want but exactly who did they not sign who they really wanted or did they use the cap as an excuse to get rid of players not giving them good value? Nah you need to get with the present and the way teams manipulate the cap every day.

1 minute ago, panthers55 said:

You think fans worry about that? And strength of schedule is really overblown given strength of schedule is based on last year results not this year. With all the changes we are making we should be much better than last year so even though we could have a harder schedule we should still do better than 7 wins. You can make excuses already if you want but that is not the overall mood or expectations from most of the rest of us.

Fans like you don’t worry about that until it actually starts costing their team very good players. And the team is leveraged out for years with a below average team. They just lost 3 DL starters and an emerging Edge. Add that to Hendrickson, Armstead, Williams, CGJ. But they are the example that should be followed. And all that for not even one SB appearance. 

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Actually they have kept everyone they wanted. Like Kamara's big salary, just resigned Thomas which was a mistake. They just signed Carr to a huge contract. Shake your head all you want but exactly who did they not sign who they really wanted or did they use the cap as an excuse to get rid of players not giving them good value? Nah you need to get with the present and the way teams manipulate the cap every day.

Just answered this. Do you actually follow anyone besides the Panthers?