• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers sign Bengals TE Hayden Hurst

TheSpecialJuan

2 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Or just trade a 3rd for Nuk who is a true #1 WR problem solved.

You're willing to trade another future 1st to move up on a WR that may or may not be a #1?

I am not against trading for Nuk.

Trading back up into the 1st would be a last resort if we fail in free agency. I wouldn't trade a future first to move back up into the first. We have other assets.

11 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

I used to post a lot more often here but I got truck driving job in 2020 and then had a lot less time. I used to work only half days and before that unemployed and before that 4 days a week.  

No--I was only kidding--hiding the fact that I have been on here all week--like I have no life, wife, or strife.

2 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

Not quite yet IMHO. We are definitely a step down without DJ so let’s see.

End of the day, pick #1 is all that matter TBH. If the rookie has it, we’ll be fine. If he doesn’t then we are who we’ve been lately.

At the end of the day, the question to ask is are we better than last year.

Won't know that for sure until the game start being played, but for now I'd say we have a good chance of it being "yes".

1 minute ago, Camp Fodder said:

I don’t understand the complaints about this signing not realizing what we have trotted out there last couple of years. Ian Thomas would not even be on most teams roster 

Are people really complaining? We've needed a tight end as badly as we needed a LT after Gross retired. A player that demands safety and linebacker attention in the pass game immediately makes receivers jobs much, much easier.

I'm sure DJ Moore is banging his head on the wall right now. 

29 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Mahomes just won a SB with a bunch of mediocre WRs. Scheme and good QB can get a lot done. 

Mahomes already has an argument for GOAT NFL player frankly. Stroud or Young could turn into an elite franchise QB and still not be all that close to Mahomes' level. But I generally agree with your point that coaching, elite OL, franchise QB can all make a lack of weapons moot. There's a lot of ways to skin a cat. If we don't have many weapons we'll need to have great efficient play calling and QB play limiting turnovers and a great D. Especially in today's NFL where putting up points is so important. I don't expect to contend as soon as this year so we have a couple years to build out our skill position groups too. I'm just thrilled we have a top OL in place and continuity there to keep our rookie comfortable from go.