• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers sign Bengals TE Hayden Hurst

TheSpecialJuan

1 minute ago, BrianS said:

No, it wouldn't.  Thomas is 5 million in dead cap.  We only net about 1.5 million by getting rid of him.  Next offseason, it looks better with only 1.5 million of dead cap against a 7 million cap number.

POST-6/1 RELEASE

2023 Dead Cap: $3,631,666

2024 Dead Cap: $1,666,6682023

Cap Savings: $3,100,000

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

At the end of the day, the question to ask is are we better than last year.

Won't know that for sure until the game start being played, but for now I'd say we have a good chance of it being "yes".

Skill position-wise, we aren’t close to where we started last year. CMC and DJ are gone and we have Hurst. Rookie QB is the only way we improve on that because there are no FAs available to get us better than CMC and DJ at the skill positions. I’m hopeful the rookie is a stud, we need to catch a break.

9 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

Skill position-wise, we aren’t close to where we started last year. CMC and DJ are gone and we have Hurst. Rookie QB is the only way we improve on that because there are no FAs available to get us better than CMC and DJ at the skill positions. I’m hopeful the rookie is a stud, we need to catch a break.

Stroud, Foreman and Hurst >>> Baker/Darnold, CMC and Moore

15 minutes ago, BrianS said:

No, it wouldn't.  Thomas is 5 million in dead cap.  We only net about 1.5 million by getting rid of him.  Next offseason, it looks better with only 1.5 million of dead cap against a 7 million cap number.

Yes, it would. His base salary is $3.2M this year. His roster bonus is guaranteed so we pay that regardless. Depending on if you 6/1 him, that money could go across this year and next but the total cap savings is that salary this year. If you keep him on the team this year, that base salary paid comes out of the cap. Releasing him means it never hits the cap regardless of what type of release due to rollover.

I’m assuming no way we keep him in 2024 as well. 

1 minute ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Stroud, Foreman and Hurst >>> Baker/Darnold, CMC and Moore

You might want to read it again. Skill positions are the guys around the QB.

CMC and DJ>>>>>>>>Foreman and Hurst

I said the rookie QB is the only way we improve. I hope the rookie we pick does make that much of an improvement.

• Beer 1

Just now, WhoKnows said:

You might want to read it again. Skill positions are the guys around the QB.

CMC and DJ>>>>>>>>Foreman and Hurst

I said the rookie QB is the only way we improve. I hope the rookie we pick does make that much of an improvement.

No, I got it. I’m just saying our skill positions with the new QB will be better than those more talented guys we had with the old QBs. Not to mention the impact of coaching

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, JawnyBlaze said:

No, I got it. I’m just saying our skill positions with the new QB will be better than those more talented guys we had with the old QBs. Not to mention the impact of coaching

Let’s hope. Tired of being let down for 5 years. Been a complete suck fest after realizing our “guy” was done in by injury.

We literally started winning a bunch of games when we traded CMC, that tells you all you need to know about the RB position, as much as I love CMC and wanted to keep him

DJ Moore isn't an elite player, his production can be replaced. He's an above average possession receiver. He's not in that tier of Chase/Jefferson/Tyreek/Steve Smith that take over games. He's Jarvis Landry.

• Pie 3