• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers sign Bengals TE Hayden Hurst

TheSpecialJuan

4 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

Not to be a Debbie Downer but there’s some truth. Dalton, Hurst and Thielin and even Jamal Williams don’t make us close to a scary offense. None of them can be the guy who can still do a lot when the D focuses on them. No matter which FA WRs we sign, there’s no one who can go against the #1 CB or be the doubled guy and perform well. DJ wasn’t elite but no FA is close to him.

You might be right, no one of them can be but the D can't focus on all of them and they are serviceable, proven and a huge commodity for a QB, especially a rookie one

2 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I figured this three year deal is because he'd be a good #2 and they wanted to backload some salary.  I think we grab another TE in the draft depending on what we do at WR today/tomorrow.

We could get a monster TE in the second round, a killer, but we've got to do something about #1 WR. Like 100% have to make a move in a trade or sign someone.

Edited by pantherj

6 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

Not to be a Debbie Downer but there’s some truth. Dalton, Hurst and Thielin and even Jamal Williams don’t make us close to a scary offense. None of them can be the guy who can still do a lot when the D focuses on them. No matter which FA WRs we sign, there’s no one who can go against the #1 CB or be the doubled guy and perform well. DJ wasn’t elite but no FA is close to him.

They put us in position to at least be solid, which is a major step up from previous years.

At the very least, it brings us to a good foundation from which we can build a potential big winner.

• Pie 2

9 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

6 pages in 20 min at 9am on a Wednesday 😬 all you guys off work or at desk jobs Jesus

Did you type this during the 90 seconds you have to wait before the fries are ready?  Just kidding.  I have been able to work all week from home, so the NFL network is on in my home office and I am spending about 30 minutes on work every three hours.  This is so addictive.

• Beer 3

3 minutes ago, pantherj said:

We could get a monster TE in the second round, a killer, but we've got to do something about #1 WR. Like 100% have to make a move in a trade or sign someone.

I agree, and we may not get a really good WR there--I think we are going to sign a WR or two today/tomorrow.