• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers to sign Miles Sanders

Mr. Scot

3 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

6 starters and the best mentor/backup QB in the NFL.  We gotta sign a WR--so you have to think there is at least 1 more.

Theelin visit makes me think they want a vet in the locker room. I think Campbell is the primary target. I think Reich might actually like TMJ, he's the type of bigger body WR1 he tends to like.

But I really don't think they think it's as pressing as we fans do.

Edited by Rags
  • Pie 1

Like the player, afraid the contract is going to be too big when there were solid cheaper options out there.

I'll also be completely honest... I very much dislike the idea of paying any RB decent money 4 months after we traded CMC away, I understand getting the picks back, but I'm still angry about that trade, would have loved to give a rookie QB CMC to throw to as his safety valve.

2 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Or unlike half this fan base some people actually watch all teams play and not just Carolina 

Hi I watch a lot of teams play.

I know a lot of HBs struggle with pass protection and struggle with catching out the backfield.

A lot of those halfbacks don't run as well, nor have the production Sanders does. 

That's the difference. Sanders is good at football and has those areas as areas as of weakness. And still had 50 catches on 64 targets last year.

Edited by Rags
  • Pie 1

9 minutes ago, flagfootballcoach28 said:

So you like an injury prone RB who has no impact on the passing game. His backups would often times look a lot better than him when given the chance. Had the best run blocking o-line but still didn’t stand out much. Had 16 yards rushing in the SB.. Signed him to a 4 year deal which will look horrible in a few years. If you like this signing, more power to you bud. Sorry that I’m actual able to think for myself and be critical over a signing compared to a low iq sheep like you who jumps for joy no matter who we sign. 

Well Damn GIFs | Tenor

• Pie 1

Just now, Rags said:

Hi I watch a lot of teams play.

I know a lot of HBs struggle with pass protection and struggle with catching out the backfield.

A lot of those halfbacks don't run as well, nor put up the stats that Sanders does. 

That's the difference. Sanders is good at football and has those areas as areas as of weakness. And still had 50 catches on 64 targets last year.

Yeah he’s a legit runner never said he wasn’t. He’ll be a good 2 down back for us given his strengths and Reich’s scheme

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

My good buddy hardcore Eagles fan never cared for this guy. This is what he sent me.

Screenshot_20230315-201526.thumb.png.47f763ab1acfd1b86f15ca4b1296fe55.png

He puts up close to the states he did in Philly it's one of those things you learn to live w/

i.e. D.J. and press coverage. 

1 minute ago, *FreeFua* said:

Yeah he’s a legit runner never said he wasn’t. He’ll be a good 2 down back for us given his strengths and Reich’s scheme

Fair enough. Just optics with your initial reply makes it seem like you were just criticizing the player.

I'm excited to have him on the team, but I agree he's not a "bellcow" whatever that terms worth.