• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ian Thomas takes pay cut

TheSpecialJuan

43 minutes ago, NJPanthers89 said:

Ummm Fitt signed him not Marty, it was ridiculous the money he gave him and Dante Jackson.  

Yeah this one and DJax is on Fitt though I’m sure they were signed at Rhule’s insistence. Got to give credit to Tepper for finally recognizing Rhule was a mistake and proceeding accordingly. This has been the most intriguing offseason in years.

Edited by Prowler2k18
  • Pie 3

1 hour ago, Smithers said:

It’s rare for players to take outright pay cuts.  Kudos to Ian for agreeing to this

He was overpaid. He knew it. Fitterer probably said take this still-over-market-value-for-you pay cut and stay with the team or get released and struggle to make another roster since blocking TEs aren’t really in hot demand around the league. 

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, CarolinaGooner said:

I like it, it makes keeping him on the roster palatable. 

He should take a job cut...

Maybe that's just me..

I love the potential of Tremble with Reich but don't really see where Ian Thomas is any better than a rookie we could draft late on Day 3.

Edited by CPcavedweller

This suggests our floor for the TE room through 2024 is Hurst/Thomas/Tremble. Probably good for middle of the pack in the league. 

Thomas or Tremble would be easy to move on from next offseason if we find better options. I still want to keep Tremble around since he's so young. He's only 22 years old.

Edited by ECHornet
  • Pie 1

2 hours ago, CmC2k said:

With the signing of Hurst to be the starter I could see Thomas requesting a trade and Fitt told him that it would be impossible with his current salary. 

He knew he was stealing...but you take it if they hand it to you.Good,things settling in where they need to be.

19 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

He should take a job cut...

Maybe that's just me..

I love the potential of Tremble with Reich but don't really see where Ian Thomas is any better than a rookie we could draft late on Day 3.

Now we can concentrate on true positions of need.

1 hour ago, Ricky Spanish said:

It really seems like Fitt is cleaning up Rhule's messes, starting last year when they traded away Anderson. 

Seeing all the competent moves we've been making to pick up talented players at decent prices this FA, it really seemed like Rhule was telling Fitt and co. "Get me this player no matter what. He's OOU/versatile/went to Temple" so we shelled out bad contracts to Elflein, Thomas, Anderson, etc.

Really makes me wonder what we could have done with Fitt having control from the get go. Still not sold on his drafting thus far but Rhule could have been a very loud, very incompetent voice in the room swaying the team towards talented college players but meh NFL players.

I was told by a scout Rhule personally drafted fletcher and they were all like "WTF?"

• Beer 1