• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

MJ in talks to sell majority stake of Hornets

carpanfan96

9 minutes ago, Panthera onca said:

This is the best thing that could happen for the franchise. They may have a chance to compete with all of the MJ sycophants cleared out.

What a chickenshit move by MJ. Can't make it work, quit. 

I am kind of kidding, but this may be good for the team to have new blood leading, these guys have proven they don't know what they are doing. 

44 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

I will miss having the GOAT as owner, but he wasn't putting the required resources in the team...There were several reports that head coaches passed up our offers becuase we didn't want to pay assistants. We were the exact opposite of Tepper and the Panthers.

These two guys in Woj's report...they aren't rich at all. I surely hope that some mega rich guy comes in an blows MJ away with an offer

Tepper? May as well make it a clean sweep for Charlotte.

The Hornets are so far behind a lot of the NBA when it comes to infrastructure. Look at the Greensboro Swarm - they have a horrendous franchise record, there are no resources invested in that at all.

That said, MJ has been good on the business side. People forget how atrocious Bob Johnson and the Bobcats were. No TV deal, no sponsors, no connection to the community. MJ fixed all that. In part why he's in for a big payday.

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Loved MJ as a player, but he's been complete ass as an owner.  Sadly, I don't think him selling is going to make much of a difference.  Unfortunately, I've accepted this franchise is not ever going to be good or a perennial contender.

Golden State Warriors were crap before they sold. Bucks too. It just takes the right smart, rich owner.

• Pie 1

Best Hornets news in years. Winning the lottery or at least moving up to 2 to get Scoot would top it. Jordan great player but it literally could not get worse as an owner, what a mess he's made with this team since he bought.

• Beer 1

12 hours ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

To a group that has someone as a minority Hawks owner? Weird.

why? lots of minority owners are just waiting in line to become majority owners when a team goes up for sale. Tepper was a steelers minority owner for a long time waiting to buy a team.