• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Video Breaking down how Bryce Young can actually throw to the middle of the field

Ricky Spanish

He's still going to have to find some way to bulk up and we are going to have to continue to beef up the oline as much as the cap will permit. He is going to get hit a lot the first few seasons but the sense I get from some folks is we just aren't going to need to worry about it. Wrong. Do not be fooled. Our oline is still very much a work in progress.

• Pie 2

It’s so tempting to take him because he’s just a flat out playmaker but like everyone has said his frame is really scary for the nfl. I’ll still be excited to draft him and see what he can do but if we do the oline will be the #1 priority year in and year out over anything else. 

• Pie 7

Bryce young is 204 pounds right now. Drew Brees was 6 ft and 209 pounds and Russell Wilson was 5-11 and 214. Stop acting like he’s soo much smaller than those two who had long and basically healthy nfl careers. Hell he’s actually bulkier than Bree’s if you consider he’s 2 inches taller and only 5 more pounds heavier. Let’s also not ignore how todays nfl is when it comes to protecting the QB. He can bulk up. Plenty of players needed to gain weight when being drafted and were able to put on a lot more weight than Bryce needs to. If he just puts on an extra 10 pounds of muscle he would be fine. Let’s not act like being a few inches shorter is going to make some big difference, it’s not. He has the talent, the smarts and the work ethic. Others don’t.

40 minutes ago, frankw said:

He's still going to have to find some way to bulk up and we are going to have to continue to beef up the oline as much as the cap will permit. He is going to get hit a lot the first few seasons but the sense I get from some folks is we just aren't going to need to worry about it. Wrong. Do not be fooled. Our oline is still very much a work in progress.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

3 minutes ago, rmoneyg35 said:

Bryce young is 204 pounds right now. Drew Brees was 6 ft and 209 pounds and Russell Wilson was 5-11 and 214. Stop acting like he’s soo much smaller than those two who had long and basically healthy nfl careers. Hell he’s actually bulkier than Bree’s if you consider he’s 2 inches taller and only 5 more pounds heavier. Let’s also not ignore how todays nfl is when it comes to protecting the QB. He can bulk up. Plenty of players needed to gain weight when being drafted and were able to put on a lot more weight than Bryce needs to. If he just puts on an extra 10 pounds of muscle he would be fine. Let’s not act like being a few inches shorter is going to make some big difference, it’s not. He has the talent, the smarts and the work ethic. Others don’t.

Young checks plenty of boxes on abilities and qualities as a potential franchise QB. But let's be honest we aren't Bama fans. Well most of us. He's probably 195. He is smaller than Brees and Wilson were. I'm fine rolling the dice but if he's going to be our QB there's no reason to keep hiding from the reality of the situation. Embrace it and hope for the best if he's the pick.

• Pie 3

8 minutes ago, rmoneyg35 said:

I would bet my 401k he is not 204 as we sit here today

• Pie 9

I'll say this

he is phenominal in and out of the pocket, extending plays, making something out of nothing with his legs long enough to be able to make a play with his arm. Hes got that Russell Wilson factor back there

hes also clutch and big moments do not scare him, and he thrives

you can not put and stat or measurement on that. 

• Pie 5

Most of the people I hear bring up concerns about his height are actual football players. Bucky Brooks interview with Rich Eisen is a good one. 

On Pat McAfee, Pac Man Jones stated he is 5'10 and cannot see over the line. Also discussed that Drew is 6ft tall not 5'10 so that makes some difference

I like Bryce a lot but when choice A & B are close with skills just go with the prototype size. 

• Pie 2