• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Simms top QB prospects

NAS

15 minutes ago, Verge said:

Much respect to him for not just going along with a consensus, doing his own work, and putting it out there. Love to see each persons perspective on these guys. 

He does bring a unique perspective.  And in fairness to him, put any good player in a bad system with bad players and they struggle.  There are so many variables.  Simms evaluates the skill set, but it is up to the teams to develop it and provide the greatest chances for success.

Yes--he makes you reconsider some aspect of the players. 

I have noticed on the Huddle that many people jumped on a player right after the combine and that decision is the one they will defend until the draft--it stops being about careful consideration of multiple perspectives and starts being about who is right.  I have just about switched from Stroud to Young---based on the way Young calls OL blocking schemes and changes plays on the line of scrimmage---and based on the fact that so many OSU QBs look great in Columbus but do not splash into the NFL.

Edited by MHS831
  • Beer 1

15 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

He does bring a unique perspective.  And in fairness to him, put any good player in a bad system with bad players and they struggle.  There are so many variables.  Simms evaluates the skill set, but it is up to the teams to develop it and provide the greatest chances for success.

Yes--he makes you reconsider some aspect of the players. 

I have noticed on the Huddle that many people jumped on a player right after the combine and that decision is the one they will defend until the draft--it stops being about careful consideration of multiple perspectives and starts being about who is right.  I have just about switched from Stroud to Young---based on the way Young calls OL blocking schemes and changes plays on the line of scrimmage---and based on the fact that so many OSU QBs look great in Columbus but do not splash into the NFL.

OH NO @MHS831 don't join the dark side!

3 hours ago, gmonjimbo said:

I'm not going to argue against his frame or height. The concern is warranted. I pushback when comparing him to Tua (not saying you), when Tua definitely showed signs of being injury prone with reportedly five surgeries in college.

I think if Young and Stroud have similar draft grades. On the safe side, I would go with Stroud. 

However, I think Young is better than Stroud when it comes to commanding a game - excellent spatial awareness reading the defense, and knowing where his receivers need to be. I think he can evaluate the players around him. 

I'm not sure yet about Stroud. I can't fault him but he will probably have thrown to five first round NFL receivers during his college.

The other way of looking at it is that catching passes from Stroud made them five first round WRs.

This isn't college anymore, he's not throwing to recruits, he's throwing to pros.

I don't think this is a legitimate knock on Stroud

1 hour ago, tukafan21 said:

The other way of looking at it is that catching passes from Stroud made them five first round WRs.

This isn't college anymore, he's not throwing to recruits, he's throwing to pros.

I don't think this is a legitimate knock on Stroud

How many good WR’s did Burrows throw to??

• Flames 1

on Anthony Richardson

Simms says he needs to be coached up but that physically he's the most impressive QB in history.  His athletic ability, the speed, the arm strength.  He compared him to Cam Newton but says Cam was obviously the more polished passer.  

Richardson is not as raw as expected, but is still very raw and presents a risk that he may not develop into the passer he'll need to be. But his ceiling is through the roof based on physical skills alone.

He's very negative on Will Levis - thinks he's more of a project than people think.  Has bad mechanics, misses a lot of throws, he's the worst in the pocket.  Poor decision making as well.  

Edited by NAS

13 hours ago, RJK said:

I’ve noticed the Bible thumping under Reich. No comment just an observation. One thing that sticks out to me is Stroud made a point to mention he was a man of god during his combine interview. Lots of new coaches and players have been saying similar things. 

It’s God with a capital “G”.

I’m sure that was just an oversight.

1 hour ago, NAS said:

on Anthony Richardson

Simms says he needs to be coached up but that physically he's the most impressive QB in history.  His athletic ability, the speed, the arm strength.  He compared him to Cam Newton but says Cam was obviously the more polished passer.  

Richardson is not as raw as expected, but is still very raw and presents a risk that he may not develop into the passer he'll need to be. But his ceiling is through the roof based on physical skills alone.

He's also 20 years old (not 21 like I initially saw reported).

It's a big gamble - but no bigger a gamble than expecting Young to succeed as a 5'10", 185lbs QB. They've got a busy month ahead of them. 

• Pie 1