• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Colin Cowherd says Panthers making a move for Aaron Rodgers

staffcurtis

7 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

So, he’s full of crap at times, but at others he’s one of the more insightful people on the radio as far as big picture stuff go.

I wouldn't go that far.

He does occasionally say things that make sense, or more frequently talks to other people who make sense, but especially these days more often than not he's full of sh-t.

Of late, he's also become prone to some major gaffes where he just gets things flat out wrong.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

So, he’s full of crap at times, but at others he’s one of the more insightful people on the radio as far as big picture stuff go.

That could vey well be but I don't want to take the time sifting through all his garbage to try determining what is actual factual.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I wouldn't go that far.

He does occasionally say things that make sense, or more frequently talks to other people who make sense, but especially these days more often than not he's full of sh-t.

Of late, he's also become prone to some major gaffes where he just gets things flat out wrong.

He had a segment on the NFL draft and QB prospects a couple weeks ago that I thought was 100% on point. 

he then usually follows up segments like that with some stupid hot take which I get that killing credibility with some.

52 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

He had a segment on the NFL draft and QB prospects a couple weeks ago that I thought was 100% on point. 

he then usually follows up segments like that with some stupid hot take which I get that killing credibility with some.

I'm not just talking about the hot takes. I'm talking about just straight up mistakes.

This past season, he mentioned a Bears player named Armstrong when there was no one by that name on the roster. He also predicted that Rashaad Penny would help the Seahawks win a game...eleven days after Penny had been placed on season ending injured reserve. As I recall, he also credited some roster move to a coach who had already been fired, but I don't remember who that was.

Those are a couple of examples, but there are more, and loads of times where he completely flip-flopped a supposedly strongly held opinion.

In an interview a while back, he mentioned that he's not really worried about whether he gets stuff right so much as he is about making his show entertaining.

I remember thinking, "well yeah, that's pretty obvious".