• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Natalie Miller (aka Verge): per her sources, Panthers moved up to #1 to take Bryce Young

TheSpecialJuan

7 hours ago, SOJA said:

I trust Natalie but it *really* seems like the Panthers are leaking we love Young so that Houston will give us a king's ransom to move up one spot 

If we want Young, why would we give him to Texans when we r in the same league competing with each other?

also, why is it that Texans love for Young is not a “smoke screen”? 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

1 hour ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

"Sources"

Green Arrow Laughing GIF

Do you genuinely not understand how sports reporting works? Everyone, even Schefter and Rapoport, have "sources" that they will not name, so that the source can maintain anonymity and the reporters can continue to get information from them. The fact that the source is not named is not an indictment on the accuracy of the information at all.

1 hour ago, OldhamA said:

Counterpoint, they traded up after the Combine where Young refused to take off his hoodie and participate in any drills 'cos he was carrying 15lbs of water weight...

Great point. Also young is the one withe biggest storyline around him with his size and height. The media is gonna continue to ask questions pertaining to him specifically and the panthers are gonna answer in a positive way. I dont see any reason to read to much into that now, just gonna wait till these pro days and evaluations are up.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, travisura said:

Do you genuinely not understand how sports reporting works? Everyone, even Schefter and Rapoport, have "sources" that they will not name, so that the source can maintain anonymity and the reporters can continue to get information from them. The fact that the source is not named is not an indictment on the accuracy of the information at all.

For sure some do have legit sources but they are fewer and far between and information can be unreliable and also circumstances can change. To my recollection the final chapter of the Deshaun Watson to Carolina saga left several folks with claims of sources in our local market with egg on their faces. After that I take most of these claims with a dose of skepticism. That's just the state of sports "journalism".

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Ivory Panther said:

If we want Young, why would we give him to Texans when we r in the same league competing with each other?

also, why is it that Texans love for Young is not a “smoke screen”? 

The "theory" would be we like both Young and Stroud so if Houston gives up significant capital to take their guy then we would gladly accept.  I'm not 100% sold on it, but a few people have mentioned Carolina being ok with trading down if the price is right.

3 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Reportedly, they loved Young.

People here keep believing that like it's 100% truth, yet refuse to believe reports that the Panthers could love Young as well and keep claiming it's lying season which means the FO is trying to trick the Texans into trading up. Why can't both teams be lying, neither, or just the Texans? Oh right, that doesn't fit these fans' narrative and desires. Some of the people here need to lighten up and not sweat the things they can't control.

Anyway, Hurndog is still in control of Mint Street, so Jack Campbell will be the #1 pick

63a93c2cd735a.image.jpg

Bird Deal With It GIF by MOODMAN

Edited by jayboogieman
  • Flames 1

I almost feel like there's an oversell to the idea we're enamored with both Bryce and Stroud.  And that information spreading around for what appears to be a super tightly shut collaborative team here is a tell in itself.  The more we look like we could taking Bryce, the more worried Houston gets because their cat is out of the bag.

I swear, if we turn this situation into landing a package and swapping with Houston, that will be some impressive work.  

Edited by Bear Hands
  • Pie 2