• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This is why Bryce Young undoubtedly is QB1

Ivory Panther

5 minutes ago, frankw said:

It is rather amusing our possible QB1 would be shorter than McCaffrey and Sanders.

Hopium will only take us so far.

frank, you or I need to make a thread about "who is the larger player- Bryce Young or kicker Eddie Pineiro"..... ask nicely no cheating, Id like to see the replies............ many ways that thread could go and my main hope would be to reach a couple of the young stans......maybe that would wake some of them up.  

i doubt......

• Pie 2

This is great for Bryce. Its cool to see how Nick Saban comes to bat for his guys. He did the same thing for Mac Jones. But the fact that we know next to nothing about CJ's preparation kind of puts this into context ... and even if we did... it wouldnt be taken with the same weight of Nick Saban. 

It just seems like Saban is pouring it on a little thick here. Him and Steve Smith. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

21 minutes ago, Basbear said:

frank, you or I need to make a thread about "who is the larger player- Bryce Young or kicker Eddie Pineiro"..... ask nicely no cheating, Id like to see the replies............ many ways that thread could go and my main hope would be to reach a couple of the young stans......maybe that would wake some of them up.  

i doubt......

Haha I googled it. Yeah man we aren't going to get through. All we can do at this point is hope for the best and also that our oline is legit af all season.

26 minutes ago, frankw said:

Haha I googled it. Yeah man we aren't going to get through. All we can do at this point is hope for the best and also that our oline is legit af all season.

Hed be the smallest and likely the short player on the whole roster........."Thats doesnt matter Bas!!".....

8 hours ago, XClown1986 said:

Bryce has that immeasurable "it" factor that CJ lacks. Now I will say it isn't exactly necessary to have, but it makes a vast difference over the entire body of work in their career. This is what separates the Joe Burrows and Patrick Mahomes' from the Justin Herberts and the Jared Goffs. The 2nd two have been decent in their own right (Herbert especially), but there just seems to be something... missing that the 1st two possess. And it impacts their play and their team's play. 

I mean Herbert played most of last season with fractured rib cartilage, but sure. 

5 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Hed be the smallest and likely the short player on the whole roster........."Thats doesnt matter Bas!!".....

https://www.panthers.com/team/players-roster/

Shorter than all but 4 players.

But hey I don't want to get the superfans riled up. It's like saying Beetlejuice three times. I'm not trying to talk any mess I'm only hoping for the best for the Carolina Panthers I swear.

• Beer 1

On 3/23/2023 at 4:01 PM, tukafan21 said:

Yea... so I'll just say it since there really isn't a nice way to say it......

The whole, "can you tell me with certainty that CJ will last longer than Bryce" is by far, the dumbest, most moronic, asinine argument anyone can make, not to mention lazy.

Let me ask you this... can you tell me with certainty that Bryce will be a better QB than CJ?

If not, then you're still taking a chance (see how that works?)

Again, nobody is saying his injury concern is the ultimate decision making factor, it's just all part of the equation that factors into your decision.

If it was Young vs AR15 or Levis, then you take Young and take on that risk of his frame holding up.  But when you have another prospect who is essentially already a toss up with Young in regards to actual football ability, the size factor is 100% something that can tip the scales in Stroud's favor.

Thats silly though.  Most injuries are flukes or bad luck.  Find me statistics that say bigger qbs have had less injuries than smaller ones.   Brees had a relatively healthy career.   So has kyler for the most part.  What about some big qbs like Cam or Luck?  There very well may be statistics aggreeing with this sentiment that smaller equals injured more but I haven't found it.

• Pie 1

22 hours ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Brees played at about 205 pounds. How is that not a similar build when it comes to "stockiness" and being able to hold up in the NFL? Corners weigh less, WRs weigh less and you could argue they take more of a pounding than a QB standing in the pocket does yet they are able to hold up in the NFL. Tbh your argument doesn't hold much weight no pun intended.

Exactly.  The average NFL rb is 213 lbs and they take way more hits than whichever qb we take.  I hope.   Lol

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

Thats silly though.  Most injuries are flukes or bad luck.  Find me statistics that say bigger qbs have had less injuries than smaller ones.   Brees had a relatively healthy career.   So has kyler for the most part.  What about some big qbs like Cam or Luck?  There very well may be statistics aggreeing with this sentiment that smaller equals injured more but I haven't found it.

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/147430-the-quarterback-position-does-size-matter.amp.html

Has nothing to do with injuries but if you are into stats, the smaller guys perform worse. I found it some west interesting, but it’s a small basic study…

• Beer 1

On 3/24/2023 at 2:14 PM, Ocpanthertew714 said:

I was making a mockery of your first post.   By your response, It would appear you understand how fallacious your reasoning is (in terms of my response to you).

Combine weight and playing weight are separate entities.   Some sites list Philly Brown's weight as 190 and as high as 200.  Sites have CMC at around 200 to 205.  

Either way I was poking fun at your Bryce Young to Philly Brown analogy (or at least alluded to it).

Lol I never made a Bryce Young Philly Brown analogy. I was just pointing out your dumb post. 

If Bryce Young had such an "it factor" I would think it would have led to more than 2 average seasons by Alabama standards.

"It factor" is The Golden Calf of Bristol, Newton, Burrow

Edited by csx