• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jason LaCanfora: Dave Tepper loves Bryce Young

TheSpecialJuan

4 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Usually I would agree but I get the feeling CJ is favored because he’s a better fit for what Reich likes to run on offense and not because he’s the better QB 

Listen, I’m good with whoever we pick but I would honestly be slightly underwhelmed if we took Stoud 

We would be picking the safe option and not going for the home run in Bryce Young 

If Reich is running the offense we should probably get the best QB for that offense. We shouldn’t force a square peg in a round hole. However who knows how accurate this article even is. Also Tepper loved Fields and we should have drafted him so there is that…

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

If Reich is running the offense we should probably get the best QB for that offense. We shouldn’t force a square peg in a round hole. However who knows how accurate this article even is. Also Tepper loved Fields and we should have drafted him so there is that…

No, no we shouldn't have drafted Fields.

I'm also still very much of the opinion that the Bears should have traded Fields instead of the draft pick.

He's a great running QB, but he's a worse passer than Lamar or Cam.  Teams eventually figure out how to defend those running QB's, especially as they get older and bodies start to breakdown a little bit and are forced to run less and pass from the pocket more.

Fields is never going to be an elite QB, taking a possible shut down corner was WAY smarter.

The only debate is if we should have taken Surtain over Horn, but I'm still good with Horn.

• Pie 4

What ppl r missing is that Tepper loves bryce because Fitterer loves Bryce.

Listen to how FITT has been talking abt Bryce since November. Go read today’s articles on panthers.com of FITT talking abt Bryce. 

I believe FITT & Tepper had their sight on Bryce way before this coach & his QB got hired. I doubt that they let Reich & McCOWN make that decision. 

I think McCown wants CJ, I’m not sure Whr Reich leans, but I think they know if they get CJ while GM & owner wanted Bryce, they are gonna be on a very short leash.

I think in the end Bryce is the pick because FITT absolutely loves him & so does Tepper. 

Oh, and to the point about the past decisions being mis-evaluations, I'm not even 100% sure I agree with that sentiment either.

I think they were calculated risks that didn't work out, partially due to a terrible coaching staff and the cumulative nature of their bad decisions over the years in building out a full team.

In a vacuum, both QB trades were smart decisions in my mind, took chances on guys who still had every chance at being successful NFL QB's and didn't have to give up anything too significant to give it a shot.  If either of those QB's worked out, we'd have looked like geniuses for getting them for the value we gave up to get them.  The problem was just that neither worked out so on top of each other they compounded into a bigger issue.

Think about it, Baker was let go and immediately signed to start for the Rams the rest of the year and is now looking to be the starter in TB this year.  Darnold was signed by one of the most well respected coaches in the game right now, do you think he does that if he thinks Darnold is utter garbage?

Obviously I'm 1000% for moving on from them, but with the right staff and team in place, I don't think either player would have played as bad as they did for us.

• Pie 3

6 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

No, no we shouldn't have drafted Fields.

I'm also still very much of the opinion that the Bears should have traded Fields instead of the draft pick.

He's a great running QB, but he's a worse passer than Lamar or Cam.  Teams eventually figure out how to defend those running QB's, especially as they get older and bodies start to breakdown a little bit and are forced to run less and pass from the pocket more.

Fields is never going to be an elite QB, taking a possible shut down corner was WAY smarter.

The only debate is if we should have taken Surtain over Horn, but I'm still good with Horn.

mad mean girls GIF
We can’t be friends anymore…. Way to take Rhule’s side.

6 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Oh, and to the point about the past decisions being mis-evaluations, I'm not even 100% sure I agree with that sentiment either.

I think they were calculated risks that didn't work out, partially due to a terrible coaching staff and the cumulative nature of their bad decisions over the years in building out a full team.

In a vacuum, both QB trades were smart decisions in my mind, took chances on guys who still had every chance at being successful NFL QB's and didn't have to give up anything too significant to give it a shot.  If either of those QB's worked out, we'd have looked like geniuses for getting them for the value we gave up to get them.  The problem was just that neither worked out so on top of each other they compounded into a bigger issue.

Think about it, Baker was let go and immediately signed to start for the Rams the rest of the year and is now looking to be the starter in TB this year.  Darnold was signed by one of the most well respected coaches in the game right now, do you think he does that if he thinks Darnold is utter garbage?

Obviously I'm 1000% for moving on from them, but with the right staff and team in place, I don't think either player would have played as bad as they did for us.

We traded real assets for literally the worst starting QB in the NFL in recent years. There was nothing smart about that. Now the new Jets QB might be the worst starting QB in recent years. Hell, know what I'd do? Find out who the Jets' QB1 is and definitely NOT draft that guy. 😂