• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

With the Masterclass course Fitt has been putting on, shows how inept Rhule was

TheBigKat

I definitely think Fitterer has some great qualities as GM. 

I remember hints last year he was more involved since Rhule was on the hot seat.  And behold, we reworked the OL and got it squared away for the first time since double trouble.  Like anyone, he's had misses (Ian Thomas, Corral trade capital, etc.), but he definitely has an eye and whatever they've done, the contracts/negotiations have been nicely structured this offseason.  A good blend of enough of a gamble, but no detrimental overpays.  

We are officially in a healthy cap situation with it only opening up more for great opportunities to put studs around Bryce or CJ.  It feels like we've got a ways to climb, but we're climbing, no longer falling.

Edited by Bear Hands
  • Pie 5

5 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

I definitely think Fitterer has some great qualities as GM. 

I remember hints last year he was more involved since Rhule was on the hot seat.  And behold, we reworked the OL and got it squared away for the first time since double trouble.  Like anyone, he's had misses (Ian Thomas, Corral trade capital, etc.), but he definitely has an eye and whatever they've done, the contracts/negotiations have been nicely structured this offseason.  A good blend of enough of a gamble, but no detrimental overpays.  

We our officially in a healthy cap situation with it only opening up more for great opportunities to put studs around Bryce or CJ.  It feels like we've got a ways to climb, but we're climbing, no longer falling.

Damn you just reminded me this man got TWO players to take paycuts and stay this season.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, thunderraiden said:

Damn you just reminded me this man got TWO players to take paycuts and stay this season.

It shouldn't have been too hard to get them to take pay cuts. 

I would have started the conversation like " I dont know what kind of drugs our old guys were on but you are making way too much money for your production level, Would you be interested in taking a pay cut to stay here or would you rather get cut next offseason and try your luck on the open market? "

• Pie 2

It is still coach influenced. His moves. Collaborative. Owner too. It does seem they are on the same page, I can't complain about FA really.

This trading everything they did to take a 5'10" college QB? I don't see the savvy there. Not crazy about giving that up for the other guy either really. but if I have to pick one..

2 hours ago, TheBigKat said:

The guy was worse then a buy here pay here car dealer.

Look at the body of work Fitt has done in one off season versus when he has to deal with an imbecile who had final say on personnel

I think you're a tad bit premature with this thread.

Let's see how the FAs do. Not to mention the QB pick - who absolutely cannot be anything but fantastic, or Fitterer should be fired. 

• Pie 3

42 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Let's see how the FAs do. Not to mention the QB pick - who absolutely cannot be anything but fantastic, or Fitterer should be fired. 

Premature is what we do best here in the Huddle!

I will say the contracts he is handing out and players he is signing make a lot of sense this year. If they don’t work out I don’t see any certain contract that’s crippling. 

• Pie 1
  • The D 1

50 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

I think your still traumatized from Hurney burns, none of these contracts we have signed so far are crippling deals. 

I think Samir deserves some credit though, he works out the contracts and handles the cap...

Edited by PootieNunu
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, OldhamA said:

Fitt has been fantastic since he got here. He gives value to the team over and over. You have to be a moron to not see it and an even bigger moron to attribute coaching success to a GM success. If your GM gives you value, he is a good GM. He doesnt coach.