• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anthony Richardson Pro Day

OldhamA

2 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

Maybe for Bryce but Stroud struggles against any kind of pressure what so ever and this is clear as day on tape.

His mental processing and pocket awareness aren't that good Nfl wise. He's accurate for sure and he can make every throw, but he's going to have a learning curve unless he always has a clean pocket. 

The concern with Young is size and that's pretty much it. 

The concern with AR is can he put it all together but he's another prospect you'll have to design a playbook around. 

Young is the cleanest qb prospect in this draft if you don't mind his size...if you do then the other three have serious question marks in the NFL. 

So you take the one with the most upside and that's clearly AR, otherwise you take Young. 

Can't sign on to that. Richardson has more and bigger questions than anybody.

I take Stroud. Young is good too but I worry about his durability taking NFL hits.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

You think he only has a good deep ball and running ability?

Interesting...

He was the 2nd most inaccurate passer in the SEC in 2022. 

12 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Dude, the last qb prospects close to Richardson was Cam Newton and Donavan McNabb. His floor is another Josh Allen.  His Ceiling is whatever he wants to be.

His floor is Josh Allen? Come on man, are you new to watching the NFL? Like all QB prospects his floor is being a massive bust. Richardson's amount of college experience and stats are closer to Trey Lance than anyone else, except Richardson played in the SEC. Now pile on the pressure of being the #1 overall pick. The risk is SUPER high. 

I like Richardson, don't get me wrong. In the right situation on a team that is patient, he could be very good. But you just don't trade what the Panthers traded to get to #1 overall and pick a guy who might not be ready to start for 1-2 years, and has a huge bust potential. 

• Pie 2

10 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

You didn't watch the Georgia game did you?

I did actually but that's one game and the rest of his tape shows him as a sub 70 qb rating against pressure,  add the game against Georgia and he hits 70 qb rating against pressure with 5-2 td to int rating.

14 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

You didn't watch the Georgia game did you?

And the Michigan loss. He drops some absolute dimes under pressure/off balance. 

He might not be prime Russell Wilson under pressure, but the ability to handle pressure is in there, at least in some capacity. 

• Flames 2

I mean, he's got tools for days, but unfortunately the QB position is about much more than just the tools. Some guys develop, but as we've seen throughout history, most guys don't. He's just not worth the gamble for me. Maybe if we had stayed @ 9. But we've got the pick of the litter, and there are two guys who look, to me, like they'll be successes in the NFL.

No matter how AR ultimately pans out, I think it would be a foolish and unnecessary risk to take him. I hope he succeeds and, if he does, he'll be electricity personified, but he still isn't the wise choice for me, all factors considered.

Why does everyone keep brining up the Lamar comparison. We aren't going after unproven college "Lamar" when we could have contacted Lamar and the Ravens about obtaining the real Lamar.  We don't want him or a half-assed version of him either.  Some things to keep in mind:  throw out the best and worst game of each candidate (Bill Walsh), and don't get fooled by the underwear Olympics, and worthless pro days. The Stroud crowd keep bringing up UGA. Wow, one game where he didn't look terrible under pressure because OSU schemed the game in a way to neutralize the UGA pass rush. We knew who we wanted when the trade went down. That is who we will pick.  

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, jfra78 said:

Always thought leak got a raw deal in the NFL, guess he was too small

Man, those Independence teams that Chris and CJ QB'ed were something else.  That school didn't lose a damn game for like 10 years straight.  #1 HS program in the entire country at the time. I knew CJ a little bit back in the day.

25 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

And the Michigan loss. He drops some absolute dimes under pressure/off balance. 

He might not be prime Russell Wilson under pressure, but the ability to handle pressure is in there, at least in some capacity. 

This exactly is my point with Stroud against pressure. People just groupthink this bulletpoint. In games facing pressure against top defenses his stats are great 😂. This can’t handle pressure stuff is as overblown in my eyes as people who defend Bryce’s frame. Plus In pressured throws they had a similar QBR.. 

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, Steelo Senpai said:

This exactly is my point with Stroud against pressure. People just groupthink this bulletpoint. In games facing pressure against top defenses his stats are great 😂. This can’t handle pressure stuff is as overblown in my eyes as people who defend Bryce’s frame. Plus In pressured throws they had a similar QBR.. 

Wrong:

We just talked about how good Stroud is when kept clean in the pocket (71.7% completion rate, 35 touchdowns, 93.4 PFF grade). Well, he is basically the polar opposite under pressure (41.3% completion rate, six touchdowns, 42.0 PFF grade).

The same could be said for most quarterbacks when facing pressure, but Stroud is particularly bad when the pocket collapses. He ranks 97th in PFF grade out of 144 qualifying QBs when under pressure. 

PFF

• Pie 1

It would benefit his future if he Richardson actually fell down the draft board to a team that wouldn't necessarily have the pressure of playing him immediately. He is about as green as could be, and he will need an environment that will foster some real development. He is not ready to start day 1, or day 2.