• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young will be the best QB ever in Charlotte

Diehardpanth02

12 minutes ago, frankw said:

If you're going to denigrate the only MVP in Panthers history you may want to adjust your expectations for whichever QB we take at 1.

Y'all are ridiculous sometimes when it comes to Cam. No one is treating that grown man unfairly. I'm treating as an NFL QB. Who likely holds responsibility himself.

Also he's my all time favorite Panther. I gave him his props.

Chill out.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 2

8 minutes ago, Diehardpanth02 said:

Y'all are ridiculous sometimes when it comes to Cam. No one is treating that grown man unfairly. I'm treating as an NFL QB. Who likely holds responsibility himself.

Also he's my all time favorite Panther. I gave him his props.

Chill out.

But you're anointing a 20 year old kid who is undersized and has not even set foot on an NFL football field yet while taking the opportunity to dunk on the only two long term starting QB's for this franchise in over 25 years. Not even the pro Stroud folks are generally taking hype this far. I'm definitely seeing things about you pro Bryce folks and it isn't anything good. But carry on with your hype machine.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 4
  • Poo 1

I love how people act like Cam was the best QB ever and act like he was one of the best QBs when he was rarely even a top 10 qb passing wise and taking into context his turnovers and completion percentage and Cam was probably a top 15 QB. Of course people always want to give him the excuse of “if he only had an all pro offensive line and 3 all pro WR then he would have been better” completely ignoring how other great QBs would have no offensive line or WRs and still put up better numbers. Cam was our best QB. He had some great seasons but he wasn’t a top 10 qb.

• Flames 1
  • Poo 5

1 hour ago, Diehardpanth02 said:

Simmer down killer. Cam had his share of the responsibility too..he's not absolved. We can't sit here and act like he couldn't have gotten on that fumble.

Like we were gonna convert what would've been a 4th and 23 anyway, when 3rd and 2 was impossible all night. lol

10 minutes ago, rmoneyg35 said:

I love how people act like Cam was the best QB ever and act like he was one of the best QBs when he was rarely even a top 10 qb passing wise and taking into context his turnovers and completion percentage and Cam was probably a top 15 QB. Of course people always want to give him the excuse of “if he only had an all pro offensive line and 3 all pro WR then he would have been better” completely ignoring how other great QBs would have no offensive line or WRs and still put up better numbers. Cam was our best QB. He had some great seasons but he wasn’t a top 10 qb.

I mean, I really don't even know if Cam will get into the HOF strictly based on his play, but he was a major factor in helping the position (and thereby the game transition) into what it is today. 

I don't really know what QBs you are referring to without legit weapons and a legit O-line. Neither Brady and Manning weren't gonna do sh¡t without protection (and they aren't the only ones). At least Cam could use his feet to make things happen. Legs can't just be discounted as a passing thought. Production is production. Do I wish Cam had developed into a better passer (particularly with sailing balls over the receivers' heads)? Sure! And that's why I question whether he'll ever get into the HOF, or even deserves to--well that which is basically inconsistent mechanics, AND his decision making. But, he was electric for a few years. In my mind the complete package certainly made him a top 10 QB, and I don't think that he'd have ever been voted the MVP of the league if he wasn't a top 10 QB.

• Pie 2

58 minutes ago, rayzor said:

you know our only HoF player was "too short to play LB."

and probably the best non-QB player we ever had was supposedly too short to play WR at a high level.

With that history, it'd make a great story, wouldn't it?

My preference is still Stroud, though.

• Pie 2