• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PETER KING with the latest: there are several within Panthers organization that favor Bryce Young

TheSpecialJuan

I think its a safe bet to say they like both Stroud and Young and it going to come down to the last week or so when Fitt and Reich have the conversation on who they think it should be. Which is awesome, they are taking their time and they have the pick of two great options. Maybe some AR thrown in there is Steven Smith and TD are to be believed. 

16 minutes ago, PanthersGTI said:

I think its a safe bet to say they like both Stroud and Young and it going to come down to the last week or so when Fitt and Reich have the conversation on who they think it should be. Which is awesome, they are taking their time and they have the pick of two great options. Maybe some AR thrown in there is Steven Smith and TD are to be believed. 

It's very suspicious both TD and Smitty think AR will be the guy.

Something tells me AR is right in there with Stroud/Young. This might be a 3 horse race right down to the wire.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

It's very suspicious both TD and Smitty think AR will be the guy.

Something tells me AR is right in there with Stroud/Young. This might be a 3 horse race right down to the wire.

It's hard for me to think they'd draft a guy #1 to have him sit for a season to train him from the ground up. They already gambled picks and players. It would be hard for me to imagine them doubling down on another gamble to select AR #1 overall. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

13 minutes ago, DrowsyJungle said:

It's hard for me to think they'd draft a guy #1 to have him sit for a season to train him from the ground up. They already gambled picks and players. It would be hard for me to imagine them doubling down on another gamble to select AR #1 overall. 

No QB we are drafting #1 is sitting.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

53 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Yes.....As i already said, if you draft Bryce and he starts breaking down its automatic fireable offense. Because the signs and caution was there from the start  and you ignored. Plain and simple. Everybody has to go, the team is not a equipped to recover from this like other teams if that happens.

Should the same not be true in case that happens with Stroud? Stroud(6'3" 213 lbs) only has an inch and 8 lbs on Matt Corral(6'2" 205), whom some said was too small.

Honestly, if the Panthers miss on whoever they pick at 1, it'll most likely mean Tepper cleans house.

22 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Honestly, if the Panthers miss on whoever they pick at 1, it'll most likely mean Tepper cleans house.

Maybe.  If they pick the one Tepper prefers, he's shown that he's willing to cut some slack.

Until we traded to 1, we were in QB hell.  When Carr went to the Saints we were either going to pay a fortune for Lamar, or roll the dice on the draft.

• Pie 1

31 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Maybe.  If they pick the one Tepper prefers, he's shown that he's willing to cut some slack.

Until we traded to 1, we were in QB hell.  When Carr went to the Saints we were either going to pay a fortune for Lamar, or roll the dice on the draft.

No indication Lamar Jackson was ever even in consideration...

6 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah if we take AR at 1, he will have plenty of playing time this year.

Dalton is here for reasons, not to say I want AR......Id just be more team AR if they still had the 9th pick...... Ive said this before too, if panthers had a eagles or 49ers roster and traded up to #1........AR would my top pick.

Panthers are not close in talent, so need to focus on who can lead this team. God didnt bless young with the size, weight, and speed. Stroud it is then.

I went back and watched some young stuff, he does throw lots while on the tips of his toes.....and its all full effort and whole body. Stroud is just a bigger young and has no need to do either of those. I think if you switched both, be the same results(team-wise). I just can not overlook the size, young doesnt have the quick speed like a murray/vick......If he did Id have a much harder time...

Edited by Basbear
  • Pie 3