• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PETER KING with the latest: there are several within Panthers organization that favor Bryce Young

TheSpecialJuan

Don't get me wrong, I like Young and would be happy if we went with him.

We need to pick the best QB, not the best football mind. I'm sure the coaching staff and McNown would love to have Bryce around, but if he can't hold up or make all the throws, then they need to go with Stroud. I'm sure Tony Romo was lovely to be around as a football genius, but he didn't hold up or become a superstar QB.

I'm not worried about Young's height at all, but Young loves to hold the ball for super long amount of time and that will get him some big hits early in his career. Stroud is like Brees or Brady, that bitch better be out before the DE comes around

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

35 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

This will be a collaborative choice, and the Panthers still have organizational meetings ahead to set their draft board with finality. But before he took the Carolina quarterback-coach job, Josh McCown reportedly told friends he loved Young. What that means after he’s studied all of the passers, I don’t know.

• Pie 1

I think there are several who prefer Young, and several who prefer CJ. We have a GM who isn't exactly a dominant minded authoritarian, coaches, coordinators, scouts, Tepper, and his wife who has her fingers in many pots, they're not all going to agree. Some want CJ, some want Young. How they are going to decide is anyone's guess. Fitt might just obey whatever Reich says. Who knows at this point?

Edited by pantherj
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 2