• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

JT O'Sullivan's QB Rankings for 2023

Ricky Spanish

I’m tired but did I read that correctly? Young being compared to this classes Jordan? Young is not Michael Jordan. Young is not going to become the NFL QB that kids for the next 15 years consider the GOAT and try to chase after his numbers and championships. 

Young didn’t even make the College Football Playoffs this past season. Jordan put fear in opponents eyes. Young fears stepping on a scale. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

1 hour ago, Varking said:

I’m tired but did I read that correctly? Young being compared to this classes Jordan? Young is not Michael Jordan. Young is not going to become the NFL QB that kids for the next 15 years consider the GOAT and try to chase after his numbers and championships. 

Young didn’t even make the College Football Playoffs this past season. Jordan put fear in opponents eyes. Young fears stepping on a scale. 

Yeah I suppose I understand why it's entertaining to watch Bryce scramble around for 4 seconds, but none of the actual throws are anything amazing at all. 

• Pie 3

18 hours ago, rayzor said:

i will say that there shouldn't be any question of whether or not Stroud can perform like he did against GA every week. The only added element to his game was the running/playground style of play.

He showed us all that game that it was never really a question of "could he or couldn't he?" do it, it was a question of "will he or won't he?".

The skill was there, but until that game he never really had to. It was a choice for him all along. It's an added dimension of his already stellar game that he can and will incorporate if needed or called for.

For Young, it's a key part his style of play that he relies on.

Forced to choose, i'd rather have a guy who didn't have to rely on being uber-mobile to play his game. 

It's not like Bryce can't pass from the pocket tho, he's just especially good on the run. Would you say Mahomes' game "relies" on his mobility?

• Pie 1

9 hours ago, Shocker said:

I would seriously question if Bryce Young is more risk for getting injured that any of these guys.  Levis has a college history of injuries.  Richardson will be a running QB.  Stroud is less mobile in the pocket that Young.  Assuming any of these guys are more or less injury prone is guesswork 

I keep coming back to what I have thought for 2 seasons…Bryce Young is special and the best QB on the field.  I think he is a better player than Drake Maye or Caleb Williams too.  That is my opinion and I wouldn’t pass on him.

You should relay that to Reich

• Poo 1

8 hours ago, Varking said:

Bro he is steph curry and michael jordan all in one, stuffed into his tiny 5'10 body

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

1 hour ago, MechaZain said:

It's not like Bryce can't pass from the pocket tho, he's just especially good on the run. Would you say Mahomes' game "relies" on his mobility?

oh...i know. you see that's the thing that's so tough about all of this. if you say that one player does one thing better (in your opinion) then people assume that you are saying the other player cant. both are incredible and do so many things...pretty much everything... well.

but with Young, IN MY OPINION, because of his stature i think he has to rely on his mobility more to scan the field. he's adapted well, i think, but i think it's largely out of necessity that he has to run around more than others who are taller so he can see the field better. I think Young can play from the pocket, but i think he's limited there and that he does better when he doesn't. Stroud can do it from both and do it from the pocket more consistently.  Size is a factor here.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 3

54 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Again, you should tell Reich this as he seems to have some serious concerns about it

i would take the word 'serious' out of it. he has concerns, but its no more than any other areas to consider. it's not like it carries more weight in the decision than anything else.

I think its really important to note that today's player is not tomorrows player. Yea, young's height is what it is but his weight on an NFL weight program is only going to go up. I think its reasonable to think he could be a legit 210 next season, which is not awful. 

• Pie 1

21 hours ago, Wolfcop said:

Players are bigger, stronger, and faster than they were 20 years ago. Size still matters a great deal and should be a concern, as it is. Young will get hit and his small frame will be tested. Huge gamble to take when you have a comparable talent on the board. 

Young played in the SEC against NFL defensive players every week. Being able to be intelligent enough to process limits the risk to injury greatly. 

Yall act like he’ll be the smallest person on the field. There has been and will be guys smaller than him out there taking hits without a scheme and 300 pounders protecting them. They’ve been fine and so will he. He will get hurt because all players do, it’s football. 

Just now, countryboi said:

I think its really important to note that today's player is not tomorrows player. Yea, young's height is what it is but his weight on an NFL weight program is only going to go up. I think its reasonable to think he could be a legit 210 next season, which is not awful. 

He was 205 at the combine…but people keep saying he’s 185 to push their agenda