• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton gives a list of QB's he would back up for...

CamWhoaaCam

Seems like Cam is serious about still playing football. Maybe putting this out there from his mouth that he is willing to be a backup will make teams be more comfortable signing him.

Of that list Miami seems like the best option for Cam. Tua is injury prone so it will be easy for Cam to come in and back up him up. They also have the best roster of all the teams he mentioned. I wish him the best in whatever happens. 

• Pie 2

The list for those who don't watch the video...

Browns- Deshaun Watson

Whatever team Lamar Jackson plays for

Bears- Justin Fields

Dolphins- Tua 

Titans- Malik Willis

The 3 rookies- Stroud, Young, AR

Eagles- Jalen Hurts

Packers/Jets- Aaron Rodgers

Bills- Josh Allen

Commanders- Sam Howell

• Pie 7

I blame Rivera--who is still coaching in this league after abusing Cam--maybe that is the only way you can use a player like Newton, but he gave us 8 years of high-quality play and there were times, in my opinion, Rivera could have put on the breaks with him--RR is nothing without Newton and Newton knows it, which is why Rivera's team (Howell) is a bit odd.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

I blame Rivera--who is still coaching in this league after abusing Cam--maybe that is the only way you can use a player like Newton, but he gave us 8 years of high-quality play and there were times, in my opinion, Rivera could have put on the breaks with him--RR is nothing without Newton and Newton knows it, which is why Rivera's team (Howell) is a bit odd.

I think he put the list in preference. Im assuming Howell and the Commanders would be a worst case scenario for him.

What I got from that video is he wants to backup Deshaun Watson if it were his choice. I think he is close with Watson or a mentor or something like that.

He at least picked some teams which involve the qb in the run game which is what he can still do. The problem in being a backup is that you have to be comfortable in the system the starter uses and come in on short notice. Teams won't be changing the offense a ton for a backup so he needs to be comfortable in what they run. Which is why Tua, and Rodger wouldn't be good fits I think..

• Pie 2