• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

David Newton: Panthers leaning toward Bryce Young

TheSpecialJuan

If you think Stroud is anywhere near Bryce you draft Stroud and coach him up IMO. Because he has prototypical size and throwing ability that Bryce will probably never have. 

If there's a huge gap and Bryce is lightyears ahead of Stroud in terms of decision making and ability to play under pressure, then pick Bryce. 

I don't think the gap is that wide. Id be OKAY with Bryce but Id be ecstatic if we got CJ Stroud. 

Edited by Pantha-kun
  • Pie 4

If we're going to "take a chance" on "known deficiencies" ROLL WITH AR-15, not a .380.

This would be a silly pick to me. Like I said, back in the day Bryce Young would have been Charlie Batch, having to change positions to make it in the NFL, he played some QB, quite well but the prototypes were enforced back then too.

1 minute ago, rippadonn said:

If we're going to "take a chance" on "known deficiencies" ROLL WITH AR-15, not a .380.

This would be a silly pick to me. Like I said, back in the day Bryce Young would have been Charlie Batch, having to change positions to make it in the NFL, he played some QB, quite well but the prototypes were enforced back then too.

Charlie Ward

• Beer 1

25 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

Every other league is fine. NBA is a 2.5 weeks after the finals. NHL 1 week. MLB during the season. NFL isn't some special league that needs so much time to evaluate, the scouts are working all year long.

There's like 5 players in the starting line-up in basketball - it's the same for hockey too, right? I assume their drafts are short. 

The baseball draft is like 50 rounds long, half the picks don't even sign and even then they disappear for 2-3 years in their developmental system IF they're any good. A MLB team will have what, 130+ players in their system?

Apples to oranges. In the NFL you HAVE to get that pick right immediately or you're throwing millions of dollars away and getting coaches fired. The guy you pick has to be good enough to crack a 53 man roster of College All-Stars at 21/22 - takes time to find that player. 

I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think I think