• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL insider Jordan Schultz on the #1 pick

TheSpecialJuan

1 hour ago, musicman said:

Personally, who cares. Both Young and CJ will be successful with this staff. I trust who they pick. 

This^^^ 
At this point I’m just so happy that unlike last year we have legitimate prospects at a position of clear need at our fingertips… Nobody is saying “well it’s the QB position so lesser prospects will be pushed up” Nobody saying “ I wouldn’t do it but it’s the QB position” .. We have 2 guy who resumes, tapes, production and skills say they are top 5 picks .. And we are in the perfect position to finally solve a major problem with a equally valued answer..

• Pie 4

1 hour ago, Smithers said:

I’m starting to miss the days when the team with the #1 pick negotiated the contract with the player they wanted weeks before the draft 

No this is way more fun and makes me really excited to watch that Thursday night. I know I’m the dog in this experiment but I’m enjoying the anticipation and the excitement.

1 hour ago, SteveSmithTD89 said:

"Insider" lol. Jordan Schulz is a clown. 

It will be Bryce Young, until it will be CJ Stroud, until it will be Anthony Richardson. 

It's all conjecture and not one person knows definitivly one way or another and until that last weekend in April I imagine nobody will. 

I will be happy with either of Young or Stroud. If we can trade down to 2 and get extra picks plus one of the two I'll be ecstatic.

For whatever you think of Jordan Schulz, this clip is all speculation. 

Not sure how many actually watched the clip, but if you did you know the whole clip is full of "I think", "I think", "I think", "I think".

hitchhikers-guide-to-the-galaxy-dont-pan

• Pie 2

I think of Bryce this way---remember Luke Kuechly.  He was a very good athlete (surprising people at the combine) but others were similar to him.  He was 6-3, 235---not huge for a 4-3 MLB by any means.  Other great athletes of similar size were drafted in 2012 but he and Bobby Wagner became the best.  They were/are both very intelligent players, and MLB is the QB of the defense--that is how important Luke was to us--Bobby was/is to Seattle.  

My Point?  While Bryce Young is very small for an NFL QB, the thing that sets him apart is his ability to process and see the field better than the rest.  That makes him more capable of making everyone around him better.  Is that worth the risk of taking a 5-10, 200 lb QB?  That is the decision that must be made, but I want my leaders--on offense and defense--to be very smart. Nothing against Stroud or Richardson or Levis or Herndon--but the special QBs in NFL history, for the most part, were the smartest players on the field.   Manning, Brady, Montana, Mahomes, etc.  

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I think of Bryce this way---remember Luke Kuechly.  He was a very good athlete (surprising people at the combine) but others were similar to him.  He was 6-3, 235---not huge for a 4-3 MLB by any means.  Other great athletes of similar size were drafted in 2012 but he and Bobby Wagner became the best.  They were/are both very intelligent players, and MLB is the QB of the defense--that is how important Luke was to us--Bobby was/is to Seattle.  

My Point?  While Bryce Young is very small for an NFL QB, the thing that sets him apart is his ability to process and see the field better than the rest.  That makes him more capable of making everyone around him better.  Is that worth the risk of taking a 5-10, 200 lb QB?  That is the decision that must be made, but I want my leaders--on offense and defense--to be very smart. Nothing against Stroud or Richardson or Levis or Herndon--but the special QBs in NFL history, for the most part, were the smartest players on the field.   Manning, Brady, Montana, Mahomes, etc.  

I have to pushback a bit on this one. Luke was an exceptional athlete with good height and weight just slightly below average. If there was a RAS type scoring for QB attributes Young would ace some of the mental stuff, but size, arm strength etc. would not score well at all. But I get what you are trying to do.

image.thumb.png.d2f0b88a2b0d4bcb71dd6f1f984f42fe.png

• Pie 4

8 minutes ago, Martin said:

I have to pushback a bit on this one. Luke was an exceptional athlete with good height and weight just slightly below average. If there was a RAS type scoring for QB attributes Young would ace some of the mental stuff, but size, arm strength etc. would not score well at all. But I get what you are trying to do.

image.thumb.png.d2f0b88a2b0d4bcb71dd6f1f984f42fe.png

Yeah, I see people downplay Luke's physical talent quite a bit. The dude was a freak. You get a Luke type player when you combine elite physical and elite mental traits.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, I see people downplay Luke's physical talent quite a bit. The dude was a freak.

He was so smart it kind of made people forget what an athletic freak he was. But it was the combination of the two that made him who he was.

11 hours ago, *FreeFua* said:

Meh 2011 was a lot worse imo 

You had multiple guys playing multiple positions. On top of that you had f’n Gabbert’s name being tossed around

Cam, AJ, Marcel and Von

At least this time we knew 100% it was going to be QB

2011 wasn’t nearly the 24/7 twitter/hot take/clout chasing crowd that exists now. That’s the issue with it this time. 

• Pie 1