• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Mannings breaking down Young

Martin

2 minutes ago, Day1PanthersFan said:

Surprised Eli didn tell him to refuse to play for the team that drafted him and force us to trade him to a team he likes 

Oh wait, his last name isn't manning so it probably won't work 

i think the chargers got the better end of that deal, tbh, they just didn’t do anything with it because their GM was an idiot.

22 minutes ago, Mother Grabber said:

i think the chargers got the better end of that deal, tbh, they just didn’t do anything with it because their GM was an idiot.

At the end of the day, the Giants ended up with two rings and Eli played his ass off on both of those runs. I don't think there's any debate in hindsight. The Giants won.

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

At the end of the day, the Giants ended up with two rings and Eli played his ass off on both of those runs. I don't think there's any debate in hindsight. The Giants won.

i expect if you swap rivers and eli, the teams would have performed pretty much the same, though the helmet catch may never have happened. then imagine how nasty the giants would have been with shawnee merriman in their defense too.

the giants were a better coached team and a better run franchise. that’s what won them their superbowls. rivers + merriman >>> eli. the chargers won the trade.

1 hour ago, Mother Grabber said:

i expect if you swap rivers and eli, the teams would have performed pretty much the same, though the helmet catch may never have happened. then imagine how nasty the giants would have been with shawnee merriman in their defense too.

the giants were a better coached team and a better run franchise. that’s what won them their superbowls. rivers + merriman >>> eli. the chargers won the trade.

You draft players to win Super Bowls. Eli led the Giants to two championships. The Chargers never even got to a Super Bowl. The Giants clearly won the trade. How is this even a debate?

3 hours ago, XClown1986 said:

You draft players to win Super Bowls. Eli led the Giants to two championships. The Chargers never even got to a Super Bowl. The Giants clearly won the trade. How is this even a debate?

because if you swap the players, the giants still win. they didn’t win because of eli. rivers was easily as good as, if not better than eli. giants won because of being a better run team, not because of eli. 

the trade was eli vs rivers + merriman. there is a clear winner there. rivers + merriman >>> eli. that was the trade. chargers got the better end of the trade.

2 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

There is a big difference, no pun intended, between the 80's and now.

if it was like the 80's right now no QB would last a second on the field much less be left alive after a hit/tackle and their career would be over after the first game no matter what protective gear they had on. Or preseason if they played.

Edited by PantherOnTheProwl1523