• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Josh Klein on the recent Bryce “smoke”

ncfan

7 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Might have to try out that new "process blue" jersey!  

-Downs at 39 also

Yeah any WR or TE would be perfect for pick 39.

I really think Zay Flowers will be special though. His route running and ability to make people miss in open space he reminds me of a young Antonio Brown. He's the guy I want the most.

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Yeah any WR or TE would be perfect for pick 39.

I really think Zay Flowers will be special though. His route running and ability to make people miss in open space he reminds me of a young Antonio Brown. He's the guy I want the most.

I wouldn't complain with Zay at 39.  I don't want to trade up for him though.

1 hour ago, poundaway said:

The question is what is decent compensation?

I just don't think a 2nd is worth it.   The gap (whether height or pressured play) is just too big between the two for my tastes.  We gave up a second, next year's 1st and DJ.  The position is just too important.

For me, it would take next years  1st and there is no way Houston is going to do  that.

We should just take the best QB.

I've long said the only way I'm even picking up the phone from the Texans is if it begins with #2 and #12, then the discussion is whether it's also this year's 2nd or next year's 1st coming along in the trade.

If they want to jump us to draft the QB of their choice before we do, they have to pay thru the freaking nose.

I also really only do that if the team is confident that the Texans are taking the player we wouldn't have been taking anyways.  The position is too important to not take your #1 guy on the board, even if getting additional assets out of it, making the right pick is more important.

• Flames 1

2 minutes ago, ncfan said:

lol a mid round pick?!?!?!

I'm sorry, but if we flip picks with the Texans and only get a mid round pick for doing so, then Fitterer should be fired immediately.

If we weren't taking a player of the same position, sure it makes sense, but that's not the case.

Hell, the mid round pick wouldn't be worth just it rubbing whichever player we end up drafting the wrong way.  I'd be pissed if I was that QB and the team didn't take me 1st overall just to pick up like a 3rd round pick.

Would make me think I was a consolation prize for who the Texans didn't want, not that the Panthers wanted me, cause if they REALLY wanted me, they wouldn't have risked losing me to pick up a 3rd round pick.

#2, #12, and their 2nd or next year's 1st, anything less and they can go kick rocks while we take our QB #1 overall.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

lol a mid round pick?!?!?!

I'm sorry, but if we flip picks with the Texans and only get a mid round pick for doing so, then Fitterer should be fired immediately.

If we weren't taking a player of the same position, sure it makes sense, but that's not the case.

Hell, the mid round pick wouldn't be worth just it rubbing whichever player we end up drafting the wrong way.  I'd be pissed if I was that QB and the team didn't take me 1st overall just to pick up like a 3rd round pick.

Would make me think I was a consolation prize for who the Texans didn't want, not that the Panthers wanted me, cause if they REALLY wanted me, they wouldn't have risked losing me to pick up a 3rd round pick.

#2, #12, and their 2nd or next year's 1st, anything less and they can go kick rocks while we take our QB #1 overall.

That’s exactly why I think people who think the trade is realistic is living in a alternative universe.  No team is trading the farm to move up 1 spot.  
Chicago traded like a a 3rd rd pick to move from 3 to 2.  And we have people in our fan base thinking we can get a top 15 pick And MORE, from them to move 1 spot.