• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Josh Klein on the recent Bryce “smoke”

ncfan

31 minutes ago, Barney said:

I am just glad to know we have so many great GM's to choose from on this board if Fitterer does not work out lol.  

We'll be looking for one within two years if we pick Young, so brush up on your resumes. 

• Beer 1
  • Poo 2

1 minute ago, ncfan said:

Yes it does.

because we aren’t trading down and still getting Bryce (the guy they want).  So if we are willing to move, they automatically know that we want Stroud and Bryce will be available at 2.

I'm sorry, but I'm afraid you are still missing my point.

Everyone has their price.

That fact we are willing to trade back does not mean we like Stroud the best.  It just means we are ok with Stroud along with whatever compensation Houston is willing to give up.  

Even if we like Young better than Stroud, we may decide we like Stroud + #12 even better.

3 hours ago, Billy Goat said:

I can understand the point about not wanting Stroud/Young factions. I'm already getting bored of the back and forth between the two sides. I'm happy with either one.

I think most of us would be happy with either one. We just have a preference one way or the other.

Most of the aggravation is likely coming from the few who are dogmatically In favor of or opposed to one of the two and absolutely cannot let anything pass without saying so.

The goofballs who simply cannot accept that there's anything negative about their guy or anything positive about the other guy get annoying real fast.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, grimesgoat said:

I'm sorry, but I'm afraid you are still missing my point.

Everyone has their price.

That fact we are willing to trade back does not mean we like Stroud the best.  It just means we are ok with Stroud along with whatever compensation Houston is willing to give up.  

Even if we like Young better than Stroud, we may decide we like Stroud + #12 even better.

And it’s common sense.

you don’t move all that you did and skip on the top QB on your board unless they offer some crazy offer including pick 12 this year.

at the same time.

you’d have to be silly if you think they’ll offer that to move up from 2 to 1

Edited by ncfan

3 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I look at it like this...

If they traded up for the #1 pick they obviously had a specific QB they really wanted. You just don't trade to the top and not be certain who your QB is.

I think it's becoming more clear by the day that Bryce Young will be our QB.

You look at it wrong.

Yes you do...and yes we did.

And again, that decision isn't made.

• Pie 1

In all my years I never could have believed there would ever be a QB smaller than me playing in the NFL. And I have to listen to keyboard warriors screaming for him to QB my team.

I mean, I actually thought it was a joke when ppl started talking up Young. No way ppl could seriously think this kid can handle the rigors of the QB position. He is the new poster boy for Not For Long.

We need one of those "Must be this tall to play QB in the NFL" signs.

• Pie 1

I just cant imagine a scenario where we trade up to #1 to draft, literally the smallest QB in NFL history. Just look at Lamar, Tua, and Kyler. None of them can stay healthy. All 3 are amazing QBs, but at the end of the day, if your missing 6 games per season how valuable are you, really? I think young will probably be better than all 3 of them. He will also probably suffer the same issues as them. Either way, if we pick him, I'm on board and he immediately becomes my guy. I just think CJ is the best pick, but I'm no scout or GM. 

Just now, BrewerHouseBeer said:

I just cant imagine a scenario where we trade up to #1 to draft, literally the smallest QB in NFL history. Just look at Lamar, Tua, and Kyler. None of them can stay healthy. All 3 are amazing QBs, but at the end of the day, if your missing 6 games per season how valuable are you, really? I think young will probably be better than all 3 of them. He will also probably suffer the same issues as them. Either way, if we pick him, I'm on board and he immediately becomes my guy. I just think CJ is the best pick, but I'm no scout or GM. 

You DO realize Stroud weighs less and has a thinner frame than Tua right?

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, ncfan said:

And it’s common sense.

you don’t move all that you did and skip on the top QB on your board unless they offer some crazy offer including pick 12 this year.

at the same time.

you’d have to be silly if you think they’ll offer that to move up from 2 to 1

Please understand, I am no advocating here.  And I don't know who we are favoring, although it seems we are somewhat split internally at this time.

Houston may not feel the same.  They may see Young as the clear #1 for their vision and don't want anything to do with Stroud.  If they feel this way - I could see them making an offer in a week or two.  In fact, I'd be surprised if they didn't.  They could try to lowball us with a 3rd or something, who knows.  But if they do not make any offer, then they are either sure we're taking Stroud or don't care either way (or they are incompetent).

But if Houston calls and offers me enough to get me comfortable with either guy, I could see us pulling the trigger and moving back a spot.