• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

More Smoke? Adam Schefter: CAR traded for Young, then checked other QBs. They did not bridge gap.

Saca312

Per Adam Schefter on NFL Live, it looks like the Panthers have made their move by trading up for Bryce Young, confirming other reports that Carolina was dead set on landing him at the beginning.

However, he adds a little interesting detail that perhaps, they in fact are sticking with Young. Per him, he notes that the Panthers were checking out other QBs to bridge the gap. Interestingly enough, he says the Panthers believe the likes of Stroud, Levis and Richardson have not shown/done enough to warrant further consideration.

Tweet here corroborates what I heard from Schefter.

Could it all be just a smokescreen? Maybe, but with more insiders jumping on the Young bandwagon and betting lines shifting dramatically in his favor, it's starting to look like there's some serious fire behind this smoke. At the end, Young may be the next #1 overall pick after Cam after all.

Edited by Saca312
  • Pie 3

Imagine trading two first round picks, two second round picks and your WR1 for a 'football genius' trapped in a HS QB's body.

Why the hell do you even bother firing Rhule and spending all that money on a brand new coaching staff if you're just going to sabotage yourselves like this?

It HAS to be a smoke screen. I cannot believe we're going to be this dumb. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 8

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I just want us to draft the guy the consensus within the organization seems as the best QB prospect. Ultimately, it's their jobs on the line. They're all getting fired in a couple of years if this dude busts and we're right back here again.

Pressure busts pipes. I love pressure. 

Just now, OldhamA said:

Imagine trading two first round picks, two second round picks and your WR1 for a 'football genius' trapped in a HS QB's body.

Why the hell do you even bother firing Rhule and spending all that money on a brand new coaching staff if you're just going to sabotage yourselves like this?

We are FAR from the only organization/people that think Young is the best prospect in this class.  This isn't something outlandish or crazy, in fact in the general consensus throughout the NFL.  Young looks to be the number 1 QB prospect this year and this is coming from someone who has leaned Stroud.  

• Pie 7

1 minute ago, OldhamA said:

Please keep this same energy when this kid is tearing this league apart.

Please keep doubting him I love a true underdog story.

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

It would be quite the contrast in stature going from our last #1 pick at QB to BY. It would also be quite ironic if the little guy manages to play a mostly injury free career, while the hulking specimen we had in Cam was just destroyed. Granted, in large part, due to play style. (and also from refs not treating him like other QBs) But life is *full* of the unexpected, so if we do take BY, I'll be hoping from some of that absurd universal humor to land.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

If you haven't accepted Bryce Young will be our QB by now then I feel sorry for you.

Im already making plans to get his #9 jersey.

Until then keep making those small jokes...

I’ve been doing the same, I just hope everyone can come together around him. So excited to finally have a QB.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, run-run-pass-punt said:

It would be quite the contrast in stature going from our last #1 pick at QB to BY. It would also be quite ironic if the little guy manages to play a mostly injury free career, while the hulking specimen we had in Cam was just destroyed. Granted, in large part, due to play style. (and also from refs not treating him like other QBs) But life is *full* of the unexpected, so if we do take BY, I'll be hoping from some of that absurd universal humor to land.

I mean if it's true Cam couldn't get calls due to his size, then Bryce should get the Michael Jordan treatment

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1