• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anthony Richardson Film Breakdown Megathread

Ricky Spanish

AR is the most complete QB prospect at having all the prototypical physical traits for being a QB, add to that a 4.4, add to that an all time strongest arm in the opinion of many. His only deficiencies are playing time and "touch"?! If Frank likes him those are two things he can fix easily.

• Pie 4

9 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

So I just read something that makes a ton of sense and pushes me more towards drafting Richardson than I was before (even though I love Young as a prospect and he's my current #1):

Drafting a bust at QB isn't as bad as drafting one that's mediocre. And it's so true. It's easier to move on from a guy who sucks than to be handcuffed to a Derrek Carr, Kirk Cousins, Ryan Tannehill, or Daniel Jones, who play well enough to be a starter and demand 30-40+ million on a contract, but aren't good enough to get you over the hump. 

Damned if reading that didn't make me want to swing for the fences. 

Your at number 1.... go for the homer or draft a guy who is like 10-15 best in the league like say dak would be a super let down at number 1. Richarson has never before seen traits. Young has the same but in a negative light as far as weight and size. As amazing as he is.. best ability is availability.

Stroud just seems safe like high floor... no super defining generational traits. jack of all trades master of none.. This whole qb debate is really interesting tho..glad I dont have to make it.

Edited by micnificent28
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 3

35 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

Your at number 1.... go for the homer or draft a guy who is like 10-15 best in the league like say dak would be a super let down at number 1. Richarson has never before seen traits. Young has the same but in a negative light as far as weight and size. As amazing as he is.. best ability is availability.

Stroud just seems safe like high floor... no super defining generational traits. jack of all trades master of none.. This whole qb debate is really interesting tho..glad I dont have to make it.

It is kind of wild how the top 4 guys all shook out.

Want the guy with the best tape? Young, but there's size concerns.

Want the safe pick? Stroud, but there's concern with how he performs when pressured.

Want that big time boom potential? Richardson, but he might bust.

Want the prototypical build? Levis, but there's some questionable decision-making.

All of them are flawed, so folks end up making their decision based on which of those traits they want the most and/or which of those flaws bother them the most.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 4

52 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

So I just read something that makes a ton of sense and pushes me more towards drafting Richardson than I was before (even though I love Young as a prospect and he's my current #1):

Drafting a bust at QB isn't as bad as drafting one that's mediocre. And it's so true. It's easier to move on from a guy who sucks than to be handcuffed to a Derrek Carr, Kirk Cousins, Ryan Tannehill, or Daniel Jones, who play well enough to be a starter and demand 30-40+ million on a contract, but aren't good enough to get you over the hump while demanding that kind of money hindering the rest of the team's development. 

Damned if reading that didn't make me want to swing for the fences. 

Do It Episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

• Pie 1
  • The D 1

31 minutes ago, Icege said:

It is kind of wild how the top 4 guys all shook out.

Want the guy with the best tape? Young, but there's size concerns.

Want the safe pick? Stroud, but there's concern with how he performs when pressured.

Want that big time boom potential? Richardson, but he might bust.

Want the prototypical build? Levis, but there's some questionable decision-making.

All of them are flawed, so folks end up making their decision based on which of those traits they want the most and/or which of those flaws bother them the most.

This... its a conundrum... Like I said glad my job isnt on the line making the decision. Steve Smith said when talking about Richardson "nobody wants to be the guy who passed on amazon or telsa". It's kinda like that... a early investment that could turn out to be huge.

• Pie 1

Matt Waldman has a good scouting breakdown on Richardson:

https://www.footballguys.com/article/2023-anthony-richardson-rsp-sample-scouting-report

Says his accuracy issues aren't as bad as people think. in fact he throws more downfield than anyone, and throws a consistent catchable ball. 

I am legitimately warming up to Richardson at 1.

• Pie 9

6 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

https://www.footballguys.com/article/2023-anthony-richardson-rsp-sample-scouting-report

Says his accuracy issues aren't as bad as people think. in fact he throws more downfield than anyone, and throws a consistent catchable ball. 

Frank has also stated the completion percentage doesn't worry him.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Rick James GIF

• The D 1

2 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

This... its a conundrum... Like I said glad my job isnt on the line making the decision. Steve Smith said when talking about Richardson "nobody wants to be the guy who passed on amazon or telsa". It's kinda like that... a early investment that could turn out to be huge.

Pete Carroll, especially, could get him and make us look STUPID no matter who we pick. That is very possible if we pass on him. Scary.

• Beer 3