• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thick smoke: CJ Stroud red flags coming out - "not an easy guy to coach," "CJ Stroud...giving the Carolina Panthers pause"

Saca312

The big difference in why I believe we favor Bryce over CJ is that we saw Bryce's ability to elevate his team with a lesser supporting cast this year at Bama. We've also seen Bryce's ability to show up in big games and in the clutch find a way to win. With CJ we just haven't had the opportunity to see that skillset with how loaded Ohio states roster is. 

Edited by CmC2k
  • Pie 4

2 minutes ago, CmC2k said:

The big difference in why I believe we favor Bryce over CJ is that we saw Bryce's ability to elevate his team with a lesser supporting cast this year at Bama. We've also seen Bryce's ability to show up in big games and in the clutch find a way to win. With CJ we just haven't had the opportunity to see that skillset with how loaded Ohio states roster is. 

To me that’s his biggest red flag. The pressure issues got better as the season progressed, but he has always had elite talent around him. It’s a question mark on how he can handle playing with lesser talent around him. He is still my preference, but I totally get it. 

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

To me that’s his biggest red flag. The pressure issues got better as the season progressed, but he has always had elite talent around him. It’s a question mark on how he can handle playing with lesser talent around him. He is still my preference, but I totally get it. 

So many games in the NFL are decided by one possession or come down to one play and Bryce seems to have that magic that'll show up in those big moments. That is what separates and makes Bryce the favorite in my book. CJ could very well have that ability too but with Bryce, we've seen it where with CJ we just haven't.  

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, CmC2k said:

So many games in the NFL are decided by one possession or come down to one play and Bryce seems to have that magic that'll show up in those big moments. That is what separates and makes Bryce the favorite in my book. CJ could very well have that ability too but with Bryce, we've seen it where with CJ we just haven't.  

Oh I get it. There is a lot to like about Young. I just think your playbook is a little more limited as in less passing playing under center (if any) strictly due to his height. Anything he can control he excels at. It’s also a game of inches and I’m not sure Stroud’s accuracy is coachable. It’s off the charts and I say this while recognizing Young is very accurate as well. It’s why either one and I’m happy. 

• Pie 2

11 minutes ago, CmC2k said:

You can definitely see some flaws in Stroud's game and the question of how he will respond to pressure is a legit one. But Bryce Young is not without his questionable moments on tape either. That is where this whole discussion gets to a point where you look around and see maybe some folks judgement is being clouded. If either of these two QB's were head and shoulders above the other we might not be sitting at #1 overall. Hopium is a hell of a drug. It's probably best to adjust expectations and not expect a magician out of Young right away. Let him show us.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

This reeks of a team outside the top 2 spreading false rumors on the offset chance he falls to them. 

Looking at you Jim Irsay.

That was my first thought, feels like they want to sit at 4 and they really want teams to stop trying to get up in front of them in the case he does drop.

"not an easy guy to coach" is some really flaky criticism on the level of "fake smile" IMO. any decent coach is not gonna care if Stroud has his own opinions about how things go and in fact you want that critical thinking in the room, especially at the quarterback position. you had better be able to reach a player of his level if you're an NFL coach, is what I'm saying.

I agree with everyone saying the timing and the mouthpiece for this criticism warrants scrutiny. it's pretty clearly a hit job with a goal of having Stroud drift down the board until team X can justify trading up or picking him in their slot. it's transparent. happens every year. if Stroud goes #1 he'll have earned every bit of it.

• Beer 1

Not sure who Lombardi spoke with that said Stroud was hard to coach, but I just don't see it. I've watched every game of his this past season and there's been nothing on the field nor sidelines to show that he's hard to coach. I got the opposite impression, that he's easy to coach and work with.

The next cpl of wks are going to be draining... but the draft will be here soon!!!

• Pie 1