• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steven Drummond resigns

Mr. Scot

9 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

I get it, just seems like an irrelevant way to describe someone if you truly view all people as people. 

If we keep reminding people of their differences, they will believe it. 

I'd argue that trying to eliminate the reality that is our differing backgrounds, cultures, experiences, etc is a lot more harmful to society and proven by recent political ventures we've seen in America, but that's a convo for the Tinderbox. 🙂

• Pie 2

31 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

And that, more than anything might be the tell of the tale. Was he just a business guy? And if so, Tepper probably has others he'd rather see there at this time. There's a lot that has gone on in those offices since they hired then fired Rhule than we will ever know. Being a holdover from the Richardson regime says a lot for him in that he stayed in the organization this long. 

Still, ends happen for everything. Best of days ahead for him. 

Yea, i mean Fitterer and Morgan are over player acquisition now and Suleiman does the financials.  What role did he have anymore. 

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, Icege said:

I'd argue that trying to eliminate the reality that is our differing backgrounds, cultures, experiences, etc is a lot more harmful to society and proven by recent political ventures we've seen in America, but that's a convo for the Tinderbox. 🙂

I’m not saying that at all. I’m referring to the way a person looks. Culture, experience, background…that gives variety and zest to life. 

Regarding politics; they proactively do the opposite of what you say. They don’t eliminate differences, but foster, magnify, and exaggerate differences. Fundamentally “us verse them”.

Striping someone of their culture and identity is often bad (unless it is destructive, and life averse), but realizing the truth; that despite different cultures, we are actually the same thing…well I don’t see how that is fundamentally “harmful” at all. 

6 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

I’m not saying that at all. I’m referring to the way a person looks. Culture, experience, background…that gives variety and zest to life. 

Regarding politics; they proactively do the opposite of what you say. They don’t eliminate differences, but foster, magnify, and exaggerate differences. Fundamentally “us verse them”.

Striping someone of their culture and identity is often bad (unless it is destructive, and life averse), but realizing the truth; that despite different cultures, we are actually the same thing…well I don’t see how that is fundamentally “harmful” at all. 

A person's appearance very much can be an extension of their culture, experience, background, etc.

Edited by Icege

From the article...

But it seems to me, from reading the tea leaves, that Drummond knew he was never going to become the Panthers’ team president after Coleman’s promotion. And, since a team presidency wasn’t in the cards and Drummond is ambitious, it was probably time to think about other options.

It’s been obvious that Drummond wasn’t as integral a part of the organization as he had been over the past few months. Although Drummond was on the search committee that hired Matt Rhule as head coach, he wasn’t a part of the one that hired Frank Reich in January, and hadn’t been spotted at high-profile Panther events this offseason, as he normally would be.

Fowler seems kinda pissed about it 😕

10 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

From the article...

But it seems to me, from reading the tea leaves, that Drummond knew he was never going to become the Panthers’ team president after Coleman’s promotion. And, since a team presidency wasn’t in the cards and Drummond is ambitious, it was probably time to think about other options.

It’s been obvious that Drummond wasn’t as integral a part of the organization as he had been over the past few months. Although Drummond was on the search committee that hired Matt Rhule as head coach, he wasn’t a part of the one that hired Frank Reich in January, and hadn’t been spotted at high-profile Panther events this offseason, as he normally would be.

Fowler seems kinda pissed about it 😕

Fowler always seems pissed when guys he’s been around are let go or leave. In all honesty, I’m shocked the guy lasted this long.

Good, those reports about him being like that Texans douche were very concerning. Dude was a PR/communications guy for 15 years then is all of a sudden qualified to be promoted to "VP of football ops"??? That was very sketchy.

2 hours ago, mccjeff said:

Actual question… what are the responsibilities and duties of a VP of Football Operations?

Probably similar to someone who is "Chief supervising officer of human sanitation" = janitor. 

I've seen people in big corporations literally come up with a new job title and role just to get their friends a job. Nepotism at its finest. 

• Beer 1