• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darnell Washington visiting the panthers

electro's horse

6 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

I watched every snap of his college career and…

Pros:

- biggest strongest fastest guy on the field very. Good hands

-better runner than tape indicates. He looks slow because he’s the size of a mountain. 

- just obliterates people in the run game. You’d run out of passing formations and count the DBs making business decisions and “missing” tackles

- might actually be a tackle at the nfl lvl

cons: 

- technique needs work because he never needed it in college. He’ll need to be coached up. Probably still a day one starter but there will be some growing pains as he acclimated to players that are closer to his size/speed 

- didn’t run a lot of complex routes at UGA. he wasn’t the best TE on the team last season (no knock on him) and he was used more in the passing game as a back breaker. obviously at UGA you run, run, then run again.

- not a lot of college reps. obviously UGA didn’t play hard often in the second half, and lots of starters got the half off/everyone on the field knew just to go through the motions and live to fight another day 

- everyone around him was a stud. I don’t think he’s Ryan sims or anything but hard to know how good you are when every player around you is nfl bound. 

- constantly dinged up. Didn’t miss a lot (any?) games he always had a hip or a hamstring or lower back. My concern is that he’s going to be a Julio Jones where he’s just too big and athletic to stay healthy at the next lvl. 

- might actually be a tackle at the nfl lvl 

FizClusion: I doubt he’s there in the second round, and panthers don’t really have a lot to trade up too far. Maybe if he’s there at like 34 they can make a move but the panthers need young bodies. 

That said, if he’s there or you can move up sensibly to grab him, you do it. He’s a giant with great hands. You can teach him to block, and what’d he bring as a safety net peeling into a seam route….drool. 

He's one of the most intriguing guys out there. He's monstrously large and monstrously athletic. And you nailed the knock on him right there... does he have the skills to match up against very motivated professional players in the NFL? 

Still the intimidation factor alone... and the potential to be a TE or OT is a rare thing. I'm of the "if he's there in the second for us, we should roll the dice and take him. His floor seems to be back-up OT who can really make the Tackle Eligible announcement really screw up the defense's call at the goal line.

• Pie 2

Intriguing and seems like he'd be great value at 39. Would be nice to get another weapon for the rook at QB but still think the best thing is to just go BPA there regardless of positions as there will be a great player there whether it's WR, TE, DE, CB, whatever. Absolutely don't want to trade up because we get tunnel vision on some weapon. Only exception to that is if we take Stroud and his boy Jaxon slips a bit to where we could get him for somewhat reasonable value.