• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Albert Breer: Bryce Young scored 98 on his S2 teat

TheSpecialJuan

23 minutes ago, Varking said:

We all hope he’s wrong if he’s the pick but he threw at his pro day so he probably could have thrown at the combine next to the other guys. But it would have been clear his arm isn’t on the same level as the others we were looking at. We know he’s mobile but we don’t know how fast because he didn’t run the 40 or do any drills around speed.  I get top prospects not wanting to get hurt when they were a can’t miss label, like Lawrence or Luck, but when you don’t compete against your class it looks sus.

Once you consider he was probably holding around 10lbs in water weight that weekend it’s no surprise he didn’t throw or do any on field stuff

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Film, Film, Film!

You talking about a dude not throwing and running in tights with no pads. Man you put way too much stock into the combine. Tom Brady sucked at the combine and he's now The Goat.

There is a reason Bryce Young has been the projected #1 pick for the past year. It's called film. Watch his film he's the best QB in this draft.

You don't draft a QB #1 and only look at his size. You better be getting the best QB in the draft. It's amazing how this board favors Stroud when everybody else has heavily favored Bryce Young.

Dude you were all sell out for Stroud a month ago. 

45 minutes ago, Pup McBarky said:

Yeah. I'm fine if our staff pick Young, but I really want to know why he didn't throw at the combine and didn't weigh at his pro day. That bugs the poo out of me. People don't skip those things unless they've got something to hide. Maybe I'm making too much of it, but it bugs me.

Top prospects skip them all the time actually.  Once again for the people who refuse to listen.  The combine is mostly for teams to network and for the fans.  Nfl teams do not use the combine to decide who to draft.  All they do is check to see if the performance lines up with what they saw on tape.   Thats pretty much it, confirmation of positives and negatives.  Besides interviews combines and pro days arent where they decide if a player can run or throw and they should draft them or not.

1 minute ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Dude you were all sell out for Stroud a month ago. 

A lot has happened since then. I had time to watch the film. 

Also the reason I preferred Stroud was mainly because of the height and durability. We have the #1 pick we need to take the best QB regardless of size. After watching the film I came to the conclusion Bryce is a better overall QB.

Will I be mad if Stroud is the pick? Hell no. I still like Stroud. I like AR as well. But the best QB if you ask me is Bryce Young.

Am I not allowed to reshuffle my QB board?

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

28 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

A lot has happened since then. I had time to watch the film. 

Also the reason I preferred Stroud was mainly because of the height and durability. We have the #1 pick we need to take the best QB regardless of size. After watching the film I came to the conclusion Bryce is a better overall QB.

Will I be mad if Stroud is the pick? Hell no. I still like Stroud. I like AR as well. But the best QB if you ask me is Bryce Young.

Am I not allowed to reshuffle my QB board?

Of course you can. The last sentence just read like you'd been on the CY bandwagon all along. 

40 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

There are a few posters on here that most certainly hedged their bets

People can be satisfied with either choice.  I prefer Stroud, but will be happy with Young or AR as well.  All 3 have some nice traits to work with IMO.  

• Beer 1

52 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Once you consider he was probably holding around 10lbs in water weight that weekend it’s no surprise he didn’t throw or do any on field stuff

I'm genuinely curious why people talk about this like it's whatever while CJ Stroud apparently has character concerns now. I mean if we're talking a 2nd or 3rd round pick that's one thing but a guy going to these lengths to avoid weighing in too light sounds uh risky. Especially when considering how many people look at Richardson and shriek at the thought of taking him at 1.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 1

5 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Of course you can. The last sentence just read like you'd been on the CY bandwagon all along. 

Nah I was really all Stroud. Then it hit me we can't miss on this pick because of a size factor. Watching the film Young simply has a bigger ceiling with his ability to escape pressure. Stroud doesn't have that ability to make something out of nothing.

But like I said im fine with either of the 3 QB's. I just think Young is the best of the bunch.

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

While that score is very impressive, hasn't he taken it a ton of times before (If I remember hearing that correctly)? If that is the case, I think that would help lead to getting a higher score since you know what to expect, as opposed to taking it for the first time.

Haters gonna hate. That speaks to preparation. Everyone else had this same opportunity. He took it, and that says something about him. 

Edited by AceBoogie
  • Pie 1

8 minutes ago, frankw said:

I'm genuinely curious why people talk about this like it's whatever while CJ Stroud apparently has character concerns now. I mean if we're talking a 2nd or 3rd round pick that's one thing but a guy going to these lengths to avoid weighing in too light sounds uh risky. Especially when considering how many people look at Richardson and shriek at the thought of taking him at 1.

For the record I’d be completely fine with AR at 1

• The D 1