• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

But Bryce Young did good on a test...right??

1 minute ago, PanthersGOATFan336 said:

This tape?

or this one

I don’t have the energy to point out to you why a cherry picked highlight tape or play is a bad counter point. This seems to be a situation that would be like arguing politics or religion with someone who has blinders on and can only see one side. I’ll say again though that both QB’s are extremely talented and that I will be happy with either one. I will trust our coaching staff which is one of the most experienced in the league with this choice and will be thrilled with whatever choice they make because they have a job and reputation on the line if they get it wrong. 

1 minute ago, PanthersGOATFan336 said:

It's gonna hurt so good

cj-stroud.gif

For you.

just please for the sake of all of us.

don’t spam the board like a child throwing a temper tantrum when the pick is in and it’s Bryce

Edited by ncfan
  • Pie 2

There is no test or score with 100% accuracy that will predict if a QB will bust or not in the NFL. However, from what I'm reading the S2 score is more weighty than the wonderlic test and is another piece of the puzzle to evaluating prospects.

Bryce's high score and previous experience taking the test in high school - says a couple of things to me.

One, his high level of focus and preparation for the NFL. This correlates with Scott Fitterer saying Bryce mental approach is already at an NFL level and Saban describing him as an extra coach on the field this past season. 

Second, his instincts and feel for the game. His processing level on the test translates on the field. He has a good pre and post read understanding of what the defense is trying to do. It's different when you see a guy run a 4.3 at the combine, but on film looks like a 4.5 guy. Which makes the coach or scout take a second look at the tape

From what I've gathered Bryce has won on the film and tests like S2 and interviews confirm what is on the tape. 

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I wonder why Haener isn't getting more hype?  He is only 1 point behind him tied with Burrow.

I am a long time Haener stan but gotta be honest--his arm leaves a bit to be desired strength wise.  If Levis/AR are 95+, Bryce/CJ 90+, he's more like an 85.  I'd classify him well higher than a Cassel/Pennington.  He's just not a Round 1 level arm talent, then mix in a frame concern similar to Bryce. 

Really has everything else IMO.  His game is awesome, has a sense of layering throws, pocket work, pre-snap reads, crunch time work, & accuracy down more than most R1 level guys.  

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, PanthersGOATFan336 said:

Ever in the history IN 2021 sentence police

that doesnt make any sense though.... 2020 Burrow had higher.  You can't use the word "ever" and say in X period of time....  just admit the tweet was wrong.. why defend it so hard?

ev·er

at all times; always.

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 3
  • Flames 1

People need to slow their roll judging Justin Fields too early. Lamar Jackson looked like absolute trash his rookie year. Eagles fans were ready to move on from Jalen Hurts just a year ago. So Justin Fields' S2 could very well be proven right if he goes out there and balls out this year.

Edited by Castavar