• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Curious about Fitterer's options concerning trading Pick 39?

MHS831

10 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I find it very odd that we have not addressed CB at all this free agency period.  I mean, one of our starters tore his Achilles tendon.

Henderson and Taylor?  OK depth, I guess, but this is probably Jackson's last season here anyway.

I too think that’s it’s really odd being we have enough money and definitely have a need. Does anyone think Cade is enough at G to fill in or take over for BC.

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, t96 said:

Nah I just go BPA at 39. There will be a really really good player there at a position we could absolutely use help at. Whether it’s TE, WR, CB, pass rusher, OL

I agree.  In truth, we could pick from any position group other than QB, and it would be a big help if the pick turns out to be a solid player.  

1 hour ago, NAS said:

Not a fan of trading down anymore. It’s awesome on draft day but in Fitt’s tenure it hasn’t really worked out. I would rather stick to 39 or even trade up if you have a first round grade on someone that falls.

Honestly, I agree with you here. Trying to get too cutesy or clever usually ends up badly. Just make the picks as we have them. Maybe trade up later on if there is a hidden gem sitting there about to get plucked away. 

No more trading down. We don't need quantity, we need quality.

• Pie 1

29 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I find it very odd that we have not addressed CB at all this free agency period.  I mean, one of our starters tore his Achilles tendon.

Henderson and Taylor?  OK depth, I guess, but this is probably Jackson's last season here anyway.

That's my concern as well.

• Pie 1

42 minutes ago, trucpfan said:

I too think that’s it’s really odd being we have enough money and definitely have a need. Does anyone think Cade is enough at G to fill in or take over for BC.

When I watched him, he looked very good. Of course, 1 game, 1 type of opponent.  That is where people mess up when evaluating OL.  They say things like, "He was great vs. one of the top edge rushers in college football" but that rusher is not a bull rusher.  When that OL faces a bull rusher, he gets knocked into the QB's dental work.  Teams realize that, and they put bull rushers on him until he adjusts.  Same with run blocking vs. pass blocking.  So take it for what it is worth.

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

Saw a clip were they mentioned the Panthers had a FA CB on a visit, should have been this week. Didn't catch the player namn or what news media it was.

But I'm sure it will be addressed. Don't think Fitterer will go into the draft with an obvious need. BPA. 

I think a LG is a need, but they added a veteran for the oline.

I'm not 100% sold on Ekwanu yet.... he and Brady C had something like 20+ flags together. It's a bit of a concern. But our LT was a rookie so he most likely will improve  and did so during the season.

Edit: maybe a Lt that can go to LG is worth a pick? How to make people upset 🤭🤭

Edited by kass

21 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

If the pick is bryce and if a top OG prospect falls, which in previous history looks to be the trend, then you have to keep building the line.

Bryce or Stroud, take the top OG.  Counting on both starting guards to fully recover from late season injuries is madness with a new QB1 starting his rookie season.  Keeping new QB1 upright is more important than giving him more ‘weapons’.