• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Which Top QB better fits the new OC play calling style..

2 hours ago, Martin said:

I admittedly missed this, can you share?

He didn't say it.

As far as best fits, the analysts who I've seen take up the question have tended to say Stroud. The fact that he's worked much more under center than Young probably has something to do with that.

I like Young as a College QB. This isn't College. He would immediately be the smallest qb in frame to ever be drafted. I dont care which qb you want if you aren't concerned, then you either don't understand the NFL or are just not going to acknowledge it. If he gets crushed, you just mortgaged our franchise for at least 5 years. I'm not willing to take that risk, but if others are comfortable with it, so be it. That is the main argument. 

• Pie 5
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 2

28 minutes ago, bobcat91 said:

I like Young as a College QB. This isn't College. He would immediately be the smallest qb in frame to ever be drafted. I dont care which qb you want if you aren't concerned, then you either don't understand the NFL or are just not going to acknowledge it. If he gets crushed, you just mortgaged our franchise for at least 5 years. I'm not willing to take that risk, but if others are comfortable with it, so be it. That is the main argument. 

So every single analyst speaking praises about him “don’t understand football either” because you don’t like his size? The NFL actually protects QB (rules wise) more than college does. Do you also have a frame measurement tool to make this claim as well? It’ll be mind boggling to see the responses when Bryce does bulk up naturally and the dumb excuses start flying out. I’m personally not trading up to one to take someone with the same field command as those qb that top off as first round exits.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 4
  • Poo 1

2 hours ago, therealmjl said:

Watch his opening press conference. He describes Bryce young’s game to a T.

Got you, so he didn’t say anything other than whatever you think represents Young as a player? I was hoping for a bit more lol. Did he say he wanted a really short QB as well? 

I think Young is the expected pick at this point, but constantly throwing out opinions as facts is getting a bit stale to be honest.

• Pie 4
  • Flames 2

1 hour ago, Eric4280 said:

So every single analyst speaking praises about him “don’t understand football either” because you don’t like his size? The NFL actually protects QB (rules wise) more than college does. Do you also have a frame measurement tool to make this claim as well? It’ll be mind boggling to see the responses when Bryce does bulk up naturally and the dumb excuses start flying out. I’m personally not trading up to one to take someone with the same field command as those qb that top off as first round exits.

Every single analyst doesn't have any skin in the game if Young gets crushed by a 320lb DT and is out for the season.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 2

Cam is 6’5 250 and is currently not playing anymore(due to injury).  Trey Lance.. pretty big guy- hasn’t played due to injury.  Injuries are part of the game and crap happens.  I personally don’t think size and frequency of injury are correlated in any way at all. Young is the better prospect. You take the chance on a kid who’s proved ppl wrong his entire career.  Just my opinion though 

Edited by Ezrider1423
  • Pie 5
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 2

10 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Every single analyst doesn't have any skin in the game if Young gets crushed by a 320lb DT and is out for the season.

Oh good lord this lazy crap again. Give it a break bro. Is Stroud immune to injury? Is his frame super elite? Does he have great pocket movement? Does college football just play with kittens and cupcakes? “But but the nfl is bigger and stronger” and Bryce will be too. 

• Beer 2
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

6 minutes ago, Eric4280 said:

Oh good lord this lazy crap again. Give it a break bro. Is Stroud immune to injury? Is his frame super elite? Does he have great pocket movement? Does college football just play with kittens and cupcakes? “But but the nfl is bigger and stronger” and Bryce will be too. 

But can he see over the Oline AND get on fair rides alone?

He's a good qb better than most but can we stop acting like he is leaps and bounds better. He makes mistakes, doesn't have elite arm strength and can hold the ball too long at time..

Edited by PanthersGOATFan336
  • Pie 1
  • Poo 2

20 minutes ago, Eric4280 said:

So because you disagree with the opinion it's lazy?

I see.

9 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

So because you disagree with the opinion it's lazy?

I see.

It’s incredibly lazy. Like I’ve said countless times. Does the NCAA have a bunch of skinny dudes playing dt and de? The argument is shear size. Not skill, not technique. He’s already “had to face 320 DT”. He hasn’t died yet.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2