• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

POLL: Have you accepted that Bryce Young will be a Panther yet, and are you excited?

Have you accepted that Bryce Young will be a Panther yet, and are you excited about it?  

216 members have voted

1. 1. topic

• I am excited, and I have accepted it
    • I am not excited, but I have concede that BY will be our QB
    • I am still in denial and think he won't be the pick - THE BETTING SITES REMOVING THE PANTHERS PICK, THE REPORTS ETC ARE A MASSIVE SMOKESCREEN!!!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/27/2023 at 02:51 AM

I prefer CJ Stroud as it seems like you get most all of Young's characteristics except a slightly stronger arm, more height/weight and potentially a more accurate passer but if Panthers select Young he will immediately get my full backing and I hope my worries on Young are completely wrong. I guess yes, that means I have accepted if Young is the pick.

• Pie 1

I mean when you watch college football Bryce was clearly the best player in it last year. Yes that even includes Caleb Williams. 

He is a stud in terms of ball placement, pocket prescence and awareness. He apparently carries himself like a leader. 

I'm excited. 

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, KatsAzz said:

One should never say never but I cannot see the Panthers trading away the valuable #1 overall 2023 NFL Draft Pick.

The  #1 draft Pick gives new head coach Frank Reich the ability to go get whoever he sees as the best player.

It appears very apparent the Panthers are going to draft a QB with this selection and this year's draft class features four QB's expected to get drafted high.

Keeping the # 1 Overall Pick allows the Panthers to pick their top choice and they seem to be really interested in Alabama's Bryce Young and Ohio State's C.J. Stroud, with  lots of expects saying they have already decided on drafting Young.

The Panthers haven't had stability at the position since Cam Newton left, so if they are locked onto a certain QB ,I cannot see them doing some kind of trade that would hurt their chance of obtaining him..

The only fairytale where I see this as possible is if the Panthers are able to do a sign and trade (again its a fairytale so I dont know if this is possible/legal) of CJ, assuming they are drafting BY with the first pick and then receive 2nd pick plus extra from Houston. 

Anything else is completely unacceptable for The Huddle Universe IMO.

Just now, BriceYung9 said:

What about this would make me full of poo? 

The username is satire and nothing I said conflicts with that pops. I have explained this numerous times. I would be baited into a ban but thanks for being selective of how you approach things. Not every person bringing a different perspective is a troll.

Yyyyyyeah, sure 😆

• Beer 2

I’ve been very adamant that I prefer CJ but as I’ve said all along: As long as we are drafting a QB first overall I’ll find a way to be happy about it regardless of who it is. I just don’t want to see retread QBs here anymore as starters. It’s not been working. 

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Varking said:

I’ve been very adamant that I prefer CJ but as I’ve said all along: As long as we are drafting a QB first overall I’ll find a way to be happy about it regardless of who it is. I just don’t want to see retread QBs here anymore as starters. It’s not been working. 

I wouldn't go that far.

I would still prefer Stroud as my first choice. Young would be my second.

Beyond that, I think either of the other two is an attempt to take an athlete and train them to be a quarterback.

I'm just now a fan of that strategy.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

20 hours ago, Gerry Green said:

Is it just me? Or are the Stroud folks more willing to accept Young? Whereas, the Young crowd will not accept any other result?

It's because the Young fans think Stroud supporters are only concerned about Young's height and think he's the 2nd coming to Drew Brees (even though he's 2 inches shorter and probably a good 25 lbs lighter).

They disregard that Stroud supporters see and acknowledge that Young is a great prospect based on everything he does on the field, but they feel like his FRAME, let me repeat that, HIS FRAME, isn't big enough to last in this league for long, nothing to do with his height or even his weight specifically right now.  

He's just a very slim guy, not a wide base that could have weight easily put on without sacrificing his agility like Wilson had coming into the league.

So most Stroud fans don't have issue with Young the player, but just are very concerned that he won't hold up in this league.  Where as most Young fans put their head in the ground and thing Stroud is garbage who was only good because of the system and WRs around him.

So it's much easier for the Stroud supporters to accept Young, because we don't have to convince ourselves that he's a good player, just have to shift to hoping he can stay healthy.  That's much easier to do than the Young supporters who think Stroud is garbage and would have to cope with that if we picked him.

I am 100% on the Stroud train, I don't see a big gap between them as prospects and I just absolutely don't think Young will be in the league 10 years from now, due to injury, not being bad at football.

If we were the worst team in the league and got the #1 pick on our own, I'd be more accepting of drafting him, but with everything we gave up to get the pick, I think we need to go the more cautious route and go with Stroud, who I think is just as good as a prospect as a player as Young anyways.  

I'd also be able to live with taking Stroud and Young becoming a superstar much easier than if we took Young and he couldn't stay healthy, as of all thing things to predict about either QB's future (good or bad), that seems like the highest probability of anything happening with either.

Edited by tukafan21
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 3
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

I wouldn't go that far.

I would still prefer Stroud as my first choice. Young would be my second.

Beyond that, I think either of the other two is an attempt to take an athlete and train them to be a quarterback.

I'm just now a fan of that strategy.

I’m just being honest. I’d rather watch Levis and Stroud figure things out as they go vs bringing in mid-tier or lesser veteran for the nth straight year. Minshew was my one exception. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, tukafan21 said:

It's because the Young fans think Stroud supporters are only concerned about Young's height and think he's the 2nd coming to Drew Brees (even though he's 2 inches shorter and probably a good 25 lbs lighter).

They disregard that Stroud supporters see and acknowledge that Young is a great prospect based on everything he does on the field, but they feel like his FRAME, let me repeat that, HIS FRAME, isn't big enough to last in this league for long, nothing to do with his height or even his weight specifically right now.  

He's just a very slim guy, not a wide base that could have weight easily put on without sacrificing his agility like Wilson had coming into the league.

So most Stroud fans don't have issue with Young the player, but just are very concerned that he won't hold up in this league.  Where as most Young fans put their head in the ground and thing Stroud is garbage who was only good because of the system and WRs around him.

So it's much easier for the Stroud supporters to accept Young, because we don't have to convince ourselves that he's a good player, just have to shift to hoping he can stay healthy.  That's much easier to do than the Young supporters who think Stroud is garbage and would have to cope with that if we picked him.

I’d agree with this.

• Beer 1