• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Real Reason Bryce Being the Pick Scares Me - He'll be the Marvin Lewis of QB's

tukafan21

2 hours ago, Mother Grabber said:

yeah, we should target the next ryan leaf, jamarcus russell, sam darnold, brady quinn, jeff george, matt leinart, sam bradford, zach wilson….etc, etc, etc, etc because dominant size and arm strength are what really make a good QB

I'm not the one asking for the FIRST smallest and lightest QB to EVER play QB in the NFL.

You are the one picking an outlier a statistical and physical anomaly expecting him to make it.

Tua, Kyler already having trouble staying in the game physically. He's not better coming out of college.

YOU think because of his smile and cuteness, Bryce is gonna make it!

GIF by Fantasy Island Movie

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

56 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

I'm not the one asking for the FIRST smallest and lightest QB to EVER play QB in the NFL.

You are the one picking an outlier a statistical and physical anomaly expecting him to make it.

Tua, Kyler already having trouble staying in the game physically. He's not better coming out of college.

YOU think because of his smile and cuteness, Bryce is gonna make it!

GIF by Fantasy Island Movie

It’s gonna be okay Rip. Young has been told he’s too small his whole life and he just keeps his head down and works; proving people wrong. 

He might not work out of course, but he has a better chance than you give him credit for imo. 

But we have Corral too who you and I both like. If Young doesn’t work out, we aren’t dead in the water at all. We have not 1 but 2 lotto tickets to fix QB. 

• Beer 1

8 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

It’s gonna be okay Rip. Young has been told he’s too small his whole life and he just keeps his head down and works; proving people wrong. 

He might not work out of course, but he has a better chance than you give him credit for imo. 

But we have Corral too who you and I both like. If Young doesn’t work out, we aren’t dead in the water at all. We have not 1 but 2 lotto tickets to fix QB. 

This day and age people are so pie in the sky.

They want to forget the past and they way things have always been.

Wasting a #1 pick will be devastating especially due to injuries that were predicted because of that small frame, yet everyone wants to convince you the brain will overcome the physical nature and danger of football.

It's bullshit*t and they know it. Yes a lot of people CAN but it doesn't always mean they SHOULD. ESPN would be a safer place for that cute little face.

I love how people are now saying he won’t be in the league but for a few years. If y’all so good at predicting the future why not tell me the winning lottery numbers? It’s sad looking at some of these excuses. They are not only things you don’t know, they are things no one can possibly know.

https://www.stadiumtalk.com/s/shortest-nfl-quarterbacks-8520e8f1a56a4a79

Only 4 other guys in history have succeeded at QBing under 6' and none of them are in this decade accept for one, Kyler and the jury is still out.

Young only has one modern day comparison to go by and it's Kyler, everyone else is two inches taller including Russ, Tua, Mayfield etc.

So the Youngsters and pundits think Young is that guy.

The numbers as far as success in the NFL for QBs under 6' don't support the hopium being passed around.

There is nothing physically special about the guy, there are physical advantages with the others.

And IF brains and processing speed won football games MIT would be national champions.... spoiler alert, that'll never happen.

17 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

https://www.stadiumtalk.com/s/shortest-nfl-quarterbacks-8520e8f1a56a4a79

Only 4 other guys in history have succeeded at QBing under 6' and none of them are in this decade accept for one, Kyler and the jury is still out.

Young only has one modern day comparison to go by and it's Kyler, everyone else is two inches taller including Russ, Tua, Mayfield etc.

So the Youngsters and pundits think Young is that guy.

The numbers as far as success in the NFL for QBs under 6' don't support the hopium being passed around.

There is nothing physically special about the guy, there are physical advantages with the others.

And IF brains and processing speed won football games MIT would be national champions.... spoiler alert, that'll never happen.

American Football GIF by Seattle Seahawks