• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

SI's Young profile

Mr. Scot

9 minutes ago, gmonjimbo said:

"When Young was at Alabama, according to one of his coaches, he could see the field so well that the Tide scrapped a lot of their run-pass option concepts—plays that usually lead to open receivers and easier-to-digest defensive looks for developing quarterbacks—and installed more professional-style reads. The same coach says that Young was handed a thick packet every Sunday that detailed the entire game plan for the following Saturday. By Monday morning, he had it digested and would offer suggestions for altering protections and adjusting routes. When the QB’s time at Alabama was done, Bill O’Brien, the Tide’s offensive coordinator the last two years, told Kevin Pearson, Young’s old coach at Cathedral High, that the two smartest players he’d ever coached were Young and Tom Brady."

This excerpt from the article is what has me sold. The high processing, S2 score, and commitment to his craft translates on the field. 

Damn 

• Pie 2

At the combine Young measured in at 5' 10" and 204 pounds. There are 36 quarterbacks in NFL history who have played at least 50 games at six feet and 210 pounds or fewer. Eleven of them played in at least 100, most recently Drew Brees.

I mean this has to be acknowledged.  We are banking on the rarest of rare outcomes

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

At the combine Young measured in at 5' 10" and 204 pounds. There are 36 quarterbacks in NFL history who have played at least 50 games at six feet and 210 pounds or fewer. Eleven of them played in at least 100, most recently Drew Brees.

I mean this has to be acknowledged.  We are banking on the rarest of rare outcomes

Yeah we are. Drafting AR and assuming we can turn him into a Josh Allen could be just as rare though. I think our staff will get some weight on Young. The height will be the issue.

• Pie 1

42 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

It doesnt say all but those 11 players played less than 100 games because of their sixe or injuries though.  What is the percentage of quarterbacks over 6 feet and 210 pounds that make it to 100 games?   I believe the average nfl career is 3 years, which is probably why they use the whole 50 games thing.    I think this is probably a line that is pretty similar for all players/positions regardless of size but this was cherry picked to try to push an opinion.   If it were more than that it would factor in if it was injury or skill or what as the reason they played 50 games but not 100, it was made vague intentionally. 

• Pie 1