• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

*apparently false scores leaked* STROUD SCORES 18% ON S2 TEST (or maybe not)

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

“Stroud scored 18,” an executive said. “That is like red alert, red alert, you can’t take a guy like that. That is why I have Stroud as a bust. That in conjunction with the fact, name one Ohio State quarterback that’s ever done it in the league.”

Justin Fields has started two seasons for Chicago, and among Buckeye retirees the ex-Bear Mike Tomczak might be next. It certainly wouldn’t be first-round busts Dwayne Haskins (2019) and Art Schlichter (1982).

Haener, during a recent appearance at the 49ers’ visit day for local prospects in Santa Clara, Calif., admitted being told he did well on the S2. “I try to show people how I can process, how I can see things,” he told reporters.

Young’s extraordinary score was in keeping with the anticipatory type of play that evaluators often cite as one of his greatest assets.

“The only guy play-style-wise I can compare him to is Joe Burrow in his LSU year,” said an executive with extensive NFL experience. “Bryce is the best combination of poise, processing, instincts, toughness. This kid feels and sees so much.”

When another executive was informed that Stroud scored extremely low, he said that it confirmed what he had seen on tape.

“That was my concern with him,” the scout said. “His personality is just sort of calm and mellow and laidback, and that’s the way he plays. You look at how Bryce Young plays and how Stroud plays, I don’t see how anyone can look at those two play football and you’d want that guy (Stroud) over Young. Bryce’s mind is so quick and he processes so fast. Whereas with Stroud, everything is much, much more programmed.”

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

6 minutes ago, KatsAzz said:

I find it hard to believe but C.J. Stroud and his people should address this issue  regardless.

there's little they can do, because it wouldn't exactly help if they say "No actually my client got a 50."

• Pie 1

26 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

By their own admission these tests are based on neuro cognitive batteries that we use to evaluate psychiatric, behavioral, cognitive, neurodegenerative etc conditions. They have neuropsych phds on their board to make it appear more valid. 

When I order those batteries, the results/analysis are a paper brick across dozens of specific tests. Each result is multiple paragraphs describing strengths and weaknesses within the specific test, then ends with an aggregate percentile. 

they’re just leaking this percentile with no context and no correlation to anything. To say nothing that the specific part they leaked is about cognition. 

using any kind of test to attempt to objectively measure cognition is very problematic and always veers into Bell Curve race science bullshit. 

Put another way, if I ordered a neuro psych battery on someone, then leaked results, I would be guilty of medical malpractice and sued into oblivion. 

how is this different?

these S2 cognition test are not protected by HIPAA, thats how they are different. 

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

these S2 cognition test are not protected by HIPAA, thats how they are different. 

so? HIPAA was passed in 1996; Moses didn’t bring it down from the mount. 

medical malpractice is medical malpractice regardless of whether or not it’s from a “covered entity”

2 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

I’m not reading this entire thread, but I heard the guy who owns the company say that all the top QBs from this class did well. Unless he lied, I’d take this with a grain of salt. 

That's because he doesn't consider Stroud a top QB! 😐

Sorry. Just anticipating what some goofball might say in response 😄

• Flames 1

10 minutes ago, rodeo said:

there's little they can do, because it wouldn't exactly help if they say "No actually my client got a 50."

I see where you are coming from but if Stroud did not score 18% but somewhat higher, they could just say that was an untrue rumor and not have to reveal the actual score, then let it go.

That way a positive spin would be out about his test, regardless of his actual score.

4 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

Still rooting for the young man. 

Same. He's still my preferred choice, though not my expected one.

Also not a big analytics guy, honestly. I'm one of those guys who would much rather scout football tape than lay a bunch of numbers out on a spreadsheet.

I'm okay with using analytics, but they shouldn't be valued over what you see on the field.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Beer 2