• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hall of Famer Bill Parcells on Bryce Young's Size: 'He Better Walk on Water'

4 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Roger Goodell when it comes to Panthers QBs. 

rocky-iv-dolph-lundgren.gif

All kidding aside I refuse to take it for granted that the refs or the league will be overly concerned about us or our QB. Some folks have already penciled that in as fact. Don't be fooled.

• Beer 1

14 minutes ago, PanthersGOATFan336 said:

There isn't a throw he can't make..deadly accurate. Strong poise in the pocket, while not the runner cam was does have some escapability..also Reich stated in his presser he was looking for a qb who can throw from the pocket which is hard to do when your vision is obstructed. You have to be able to stand strong in the pocket and throw darts everything isn't going to be an out of the pocket throw, Russell Wilson did that for years in Seattle and look at him now..

Screenshot_20230420_103136_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ee65df224f19e312f1d7aaea98aa124c.jpg

If he stands so strong in the pocket, why does he have a 43.9 rating against pressure? 

• Flames 4
  • Poo 4

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

All kidding aside I refuse to take it for granted that the refs or the league will be overly concerned about us or our QB. Some folks have already penciled that in as fact. Don't be fooled.

They won't be. Any injuries or head hunting hits he receives will be chalked up to his size. Can never forget how concerned the NFL was about head shots for QBs while Cam was being targeted non stop. 

• Beer 2

20 minutes ago, PanthersGOATFan336 said:

There isn't a throw he can't make..deadly accurate.

Going by that highlight video, the "throw he can't make" would be to his 3rd read. stares down his 1st read receiver from the snap on almost every one of these throws.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 5

5 minutes ago, PanthersGOATFan336 said:

Second one is BY's

FuBB9lNXgAMYcUB.jpeg

Screenshot_20230419_175600_Chrome.jpg

This is a measure of accuracy on completed passes, hence “pinpoint”. The number I am referring to is the overall Quarterback rating solely under duress per PFF.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, PanthersGOATFan336 said:

Bill Parcells also forgot football more than yall discrediting him will ever know so there's that

Are we going to allow other coaches and experts opinions that dispute this on this thread or will that upset you?

1 minute ago, PanthersGOATFan336 said:

I refer you to this sir FuBB9lNXgAMYcUB.thumb.jpeg.76ba31c06af272a4ee4f963ccdc6bafd.jpeg

He's an incredible thrower of the football, which is why i supported drafting him for 90% of the process. One of the most well thrown and pretty footballs I've ever seen. I just couldn't help but start noticing once all of "he's a dummy" stuff started that most of the throws i was impressed by were to the guy he was staring down from the snap, and he never had to actually scan the field on these.

Anyway how does this infographic compare with Young?

6 minutes ago, PanthersGOATFan336 said:

Bill Parcells also forgot football more than yall discrediting him will ever know so there's that

Let's talk about all the successful QB’s he brought in to Dallas.... I don't think acting like Parcells is a QB guru is the hill you want to die on.