• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Could a trade be on the horizon...(Vegas shift at number 2)

Lurk21

4 hours ago, FakePlasticTrees said:

Levis could end up being the Josh Allen of this draft. I just pray that Young is not the Baker Mayfield of this draft.  I think the Panthers are on the precipice of a horrible mistake.

Mayfield doesn't have the intelligence, processing, or work ethic of Young. 

Young will only fail if he gets constantly injured. If he stays healthy all year, he's already the best quarterback we've had since 2017, even as a rookie

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, stan786 said:

100% and I don’t have a problem with people liking other QBs more, I just think a lot are writing Bryce off prematurely.

Writing off the most popularly rank top QB of this draft would be incredibly foolish. I like Stroud, but am very excited about what Young brings to the table. I keep going back to I prefer Stroud, but passing on Young scares me. I’m ready to get my Young jersey and support our new QB. People completely writing him off are just mad we aren’t getting their favorite player or are just plain haters. 

• Beer 1

If the two is moved it won't be us moving down.  A trade from 2 is not likely to net a huge bounty. The Texans will want to stay in the top 10 and then also have that 12th pick and 33 plus whatever they get for the 2nd. That could be a franchise changing draft much like hopefully ours will be. But if the Texans are playing the long game and waiting till next year to go QB it could work to their advantage. We did not have that luxury. At least the Texans had a Watson in recent memory but he is a predator.  We have not had a QB in such a long time. Somebody moving up to get our scraps whether at 3 or 2. CJ and his test and Levis being himself in all his "glory" will not deter teams that want to develop a QB and compete in a different time frame than the Texans for instance.

That makes the 5,6,7, and 8th pick the ones likely to shake it up. Seattle likes Geno but developing a AR behind him gives them an edge in the future after Geno. The Lions have been "Goffed" similar to the term "nerfed" if your familiar with gaming.  A Levis or AR could push that offense to perennial contenders not whatever it is they have been doing since Goff became the guy. Then you have the Raiders who finally moved on from Carr only to replace him with a less creative passer in Jimmy GQ.  Vegas is a flashy city the fans will like Jimmy but a Levis fits the bill better for the long term. The Falcons may actually be content with Ridder at least till next year but...  Moving up to take whoever we don't is some classic bitter rivalry stuff.  So that only leaves the Titans who have accomplished all they can with Tannehill at the helm.  They are out of the top 10 but back to back picks in the top 15 could still entice the Texans. 

Who knows? Man that 1st round is gonna be bonkers.  Could Aaron Rodgers get traded on draft night? Who will make the trades to completely destroy all your mock predictions?  Who is over drafted? Who slips?  Is it Thursday yet? 

6 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

WIll Levis is the second best QB in this draft. 

Media/ low hanging fruit make it easy for someone to make you sound crazy for saying this. Yet dudes got nothing but smeared the entire draft process because the talking heads say it’s ok. Does two goofy dumb things and he’s apparently not worthy. Question someones 18% test score and “that’s unfair to pin against that person”. Hypocritical crap. We’ve seen Levis floor because he’s played with dog water. Wouldn’t shock me if Levis were second best in this class. And I know this comment alone people are gonna find some overthought garbage to fight it. Disclaimer- I’m aware of his season last season, I’m aware of the injury, the quirks, etc.

5 hours ago, MHS831 said:

I am starting to think he will be.  Starting to get the Allen vibes with him--put him behind a good OL and give him some credible targets, his decision-making would "suddenly" improve.  You could say the same for AR, but there are other variables and preferences the Colts might need to consider.

Did you see him throw at his pro day? Horrible, and he was huffing and puffing halfway through like the roids and mayo started giving him negative side affects 

Levis is a solid QB prospect that’s an easy first round pick in every draft ever. Obviously taking him at 1 would be insane, but I think the smear campaigns have gone a bit too far. Won’t be a bit surprised if he finds success in this league. Had we not traded up to 1 I probably would have talked myself into the idea of taking him at 9 by now if he fell there.

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

Did you see him throw at his pro day? Horrible, and he was huffing and puffing halfway through like the roids and mayo started giving him negative side affects 

No, I did not see that.  I don't really put a lot of stock in pro days--kind of a skill show.  the Mayo is something he did once as a joke, and I am guessing that you have no knowledge of the roids... I heard that about jalen Carter.

• Pie 2

10 hours ago, FakePlasticTrees said:

Let’s be honest though. Mayfield is bigger and has a better arm. It seems to me that Young’s vaunted processing speed and understanding is Young’s sole competitive advantage. 

I do not believe processing speed can possibly overcome Young’s historic (by weight) size limitations. Ultimately his inability to play from under center will partially erode any accuracy advantages that he has since the running game will suffer. Furthermore, Young is not even particularly athletic. He is the least athletic and has by far the weakest arm of any of the likely first round QB picks in this draft.

It as if Young’s intelligence and likability of caused an outbreak of confirmation bias. Little to no real discussion has been had related to Young’s obvious limitations. Scouts just mention Young’s small stature and quote his “phony” combine weight without any real discussion of how he will overcome those limitations. There has been little to no discussion of Young’s inability to be effective from under center as evidenced by the fact that I think he only had single digit snaps taken from under center last season.

There was little to no discussion of the floating nature of some of Young’s deep passes and lack of real zip on intermediate passes. 

Great kid. Maybe even a natural leader. Competitive. Smart.

Historically small, on the weak side of average arm strength, lack of athleticism, does not thrive from under center, etc.

I predict an injury plagued and shortened career. Young may well be the most NFL ready QB in this draft. However, again, that will not overcome his obvious limitations. Other QBs in this draft will have longer and better NFL careers. Young is NOT worth the overall number 1 pick much less the overall number 1 pick, multiple draft choices, and the Panther’s best wide receiver.

Someone crown this dude. Post of the fugin off-season.