• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Real Narrative of the S2 score leak...

rayzor

21 minutes ago, Martin said:

From what I understand there are 9 separate scores for different areas, I think we’ve only seen one score

In the McGinn article, the executive clearly stated that the 18% was Strouds “total” score. It is possible he mischaracterized it, but it was clearly distinguished as a total score. The article also went into a little bit of detail on what the test consisted of and different areas that were scored, so I don’t think there was a lack of understanding of the test either.

• Pie 2

Isn’t this around the time we get the crazy “leaks” that hurt kids stock like “Justin Fields doesn’t work hard. He’s not a first in-last out kind of guy”, type of thing? 

In a few days there will be a picture of CJ Stroud using a gas mask as a bong. 

• Pie 1

25 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

In the McGinn article, the executive clearly stated that the 18% was Strouds “total” score. It is possible he mischaracterized it, but it was clearly distinguished as a total score. The article also went into a little bit of detail on what the test consisted of and different areas that were scored, so I don’t think there was a lack of understanding of the test either.

Yeah, it's pretty  hard to spin this favoritively for Stroud, especially. If you put stock in these scores prior to this report.

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Terry Bradshaw has four Super Bowl rings.

Just sayin'

It's a test for reaction time. Not intelligence. The S2 website states:

Do these scores have anything to do with book smarts or intelligence?

The S2 Eval measures the same brain systems that athletes engage during play, which are very different than what is measured in the classroom and on standard IQ tests. Decisions in the classroom and on tests of intelligence measure abilities in everyday sorts of thinking skills and when you have minutes or hours to process information and make decisions. Athletes make split-second decisions in sub-second time frames.

We have tested incredible athletes who struggle in the academic classroom, but who can see, process, and react with incredible skill on the field. Similarly, just because someone excels in the classroom, those skills don’t always translate to the field. Whether you score high or low on specific skills in the S2 evaluation has very little relationship to academic performance or intelligence.

• Pie 2

8 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

All the guys in this class scored well.” Is an interesting statement to make. Wouldn’t that imply Stroud scored well?

Meh.  Standard generalized language.  What did you expect him to say, most did good but one really really sucked? 

• Poo 1

4 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Meh.  Standard generalized language.  What did you expect him to say, most did good but one really really sucked? 

Every interview with that guy seems to question the validity and longevity of their whole thing. It could become a vital part of drafting or teams might dump it in a few years. Only half the league has bought in at this point and it's been around like 8 years. If Purdy didn't ball out in the QB friendly 9er's offense last year I don't think it would be getting half as much attention as it has gotten this year. Fields had supposedly the highest QB score on record at the time but his main criticism is his processing. 

2 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Every interview with that guy seems to question the validity and longevity of their whole thing. It could become a vital part of drafting or teams might dump it in a few years. Only half the league has bought in at this point and it's been around like 8 years. If Purdy didn't ball out in the QB friendly 9er's offense last year I don't think it would be getting half as much attention as it has gotten this year. Fields had supposedly the highest QB score on record at the time but his main criticism is his processing. 

I agree.  I don't put much stock in it.  Though a low score on that test in this case jives with a 40% completion rate and 10 percentile pff under pressure. 

Stroud's accuracy is top of the class.  His mobility, processing and speed isn't.

The question is, should we deluge the Huddle with as many intelligence jokes as there have been midget jokes?

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

2 minutes ago, poundaway said:

I agree.  I don't put much stock in it.  Though a low score on that test in this case jives with a 40% completion rate and 10 percentile pff under pressure. 

Stroud's accuracy is top of the class.  His mobility, processing and speed isn't.

The question is, should we deluge the Huddle with as many intelligence jokes as there have been midget jokes?

Yeah i've been laying back because of the handful of people going to the redundant extremes the last couple weeks. The ignore function isn't even beneficiary at the moment lol. "Oh whats this thread?, 5 pages of people responding to 2 people I ignore?"

• Pie 2