• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Real Narrative of the S2 score leak...

rayzor

On 4/21/2023 at 11:36 AM, WUnderhill said:

That interview was released on April 14 so how exactly do you think that addresses a leak from today?

“But continue to believe every thing the Media tells you.” Can’t make this poo up.

Ok....this tracks as well and when asked yesterday about the most recently released scores, one of the founders didn't  refute it....instead he said essentially to not let it be the while picture.  

So it's more than likely  that Stroud did score in a very low percentile on this test.  Just don't  let it control  the  narrative. It's a big part of it, but not the whole narrative....just like Young's size and AR's lack of experience  isn't the whole narrative. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/04/21/s2-cognition-test-nfl-draft-founder-says-leaked-scores-grain-of-salt-bryce-young-cj-stroud

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

“We have seen, ‘Hey, so-and-so scored the highest in the class, or the highest ever, and so-and-so scored low,’ and it’s like, ‘Yeah, that’s not true,’” Ally continued. “With that being said, this class as a whole—all the guys in the discussion—have scored really, really well.”

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

All the guys in this class scored well.” Is an interesting statement to make. Wouldn’t that imply Stroud scored well?

That's  the problem,  was it inaccurate  then or now? I've got to believe  that the closer we get to the day, the more accurate  the leaks are going to be.

• Beer 1

20 minutes ago, rayzor said:

That's  the problem,  was it inaccurate  then or now? I've got to believe  that the closer we get to the day, the more accurate  the leaks are going to be.

Why do you think so?  I'd think they'd get less reliable as smoke screens intensify etc.

I don't know why this dude would lie like that. He didn't need to. He could have just said he can't comment on scores.

29 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

All the guys in this class scored well.” Is an interesting statement to make. Wouldn’t that imply Stroud scored well?

I think it’s such a subjective statement. Scored well how? Like maybe Stroud scored well in certain areas, who knows. I think at the time the statement was made, they may not have anticipated certain scores getting out. It is in their best interest to keep the narrative positive, they don’t want QBs to start declining to take the test before they have the whole NFL bought in.

• Pie 4

1 minute ago, mav1234 said:

Why do you think so?  I'd think they'd get less reliable as smoke screens intensify etc.

I don't know why this dude would lie like that. He didn't need to. He could have just said he can't comment on scores.

I think in the previous weeks it's more likely  to have false stuff "leaked" intentionally,  but there's some stuff that goes on inside franchise office walls, parts of legit conversations and bits of real information, that somehow slips out and if you're  paying  attention  and know your sources you know what's real and not.

I know I've been  hearing stuff myself  trickle out all along this year that has been  really  consistent,  but it seems about this time of the year, right before  the draft, that it starts to flow more. 

During  the Rhule Era, it seems like it all shut down completely except signs of discontent from within. As soon as he's go e, though, it seems like things start to open up again. 

So basically,  lots of stuff gets leaked leading  up to the draft, and while there's  a lot of fake poo that gets leaked, here's also legit stuff that gets leaked and needs spinning.  If it needs a spin, it's probably  legit.

2 minutes ago, Martin said:

From what I understand there are 9 separate scores for different areas, I think we’ve only seen one score

I think there’s like a summary score but it doesn’t tell you the individual components. The S2 guy said a 90% could have a 10% in one area and that’s what’s important the individual components.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, ChuckWag78 said:

It's all to drive engagement and clicks, nothing more. The teams have the complete real scores. None of these leaks effect them in anyway. It's a media/fan feeding frenzy which I'm sure the NFL loves. 

Yeah there's no doubt  that teams by this point have all the data they need, including S2 scores. 

While the score itself  leaking out won't  effect where Stroud is drafted,  I think the decreased lack of positive comments and reports of him slipping  is the real news and S2 scores known by teams as well as a couple  things we may have heard whispered and a few things we haven't  heard leaked yet but are known by teams may contribute  to his supposed drop in stock. 

And I say supposed  because  it's quite likely that some teams may have never really  been  sold on him but whatever perceived  stock that was there was all about media perception.