• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do you think Fitterer and Reich would have the courage to say no Tepper?

posthumecaver

Lol that doesn't make sense. Even if somehow they were convinced or swayed to choose Bryce because Tepper wanted it, you think in 3 years if Bryce is a bust, that would save them? Not a chance.

They are going to take who they think is the best QB prospect, because their jobs rely on getting this right.

4 hours ago, Raleigh PF said:

If you've been around a boss like Tepper, you'd already know the answer to your question.

Reich/Fitterer are going to make the pick. Tepper may have his preference, but at the end of the day, he hired them to make decisions just like this. It's their job. 

Likewise, I'm sure they understand that they need to make the right pick. If their pick at QB doesn't make the franchise markedly better, they'll have to answer for it. It's just simple accountability.

Exactly. You summed it up very nicely.

6 hours ago, jfra78 said:

Tepper is the owner and signs their checks.  If he wants them to do something they either convince him otherwise or do what he says.

Correct.

Regardless of whether or not they have the will to say no, they don't have the power.

That said, I don't think it would be necessary because all indications (and all sources not wrapped in a tinfall hat) have said the decision is theirs.

Tepper himself admits he's not a football scout and has stated that he's not going to try to do their job.

It's crazy how many people are so against someone who has been the consensus top QB in college the past two years. Wanting a young man to fail at something they are trying so hard to be good at and not having any bad attributes honestly makes me feel like some of you aren't loved at home. 

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, byob1013 said:

It's crazy how many people are so against someone who has been the consensus top QB in college the past two years. Wanting a young man to fail at something they are trying so hard to be good at and not having any bad attributes honestly makes me feel like some of you aren't loved at home. 

We've got some who seem to want everybody that we don't pick to fail miserably.

I don't.

I get the "crush your enemies, see them driven before you" mindset. Hell, most of the time I agree with it.

But in reality, I've got nothing against these kids. Best of luck to them...

...except against us.

• Pie 2