• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CJ Stroud: I’m a football player, not a test taker

NAS

Just now, PantherOnTheProwl1523 said:

I would tend to believe someone that has more football knowledge than either of us. And by the way you must enjoy saying a false statement about CJ being a dud which is totally ridiculous and lame to even say something stupid like that.

I'm not saying he's a dud, I'm saying the data points to him being a dud. If they've carried out 100s of tests and all the low scoring players haven't been a success then everything I said is true, he'll either be an outlier or a failure like the rest of the low scoring players. Nothing controversial about that.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, Billy Goat said:

I'm not saying he's a dud, I'm saying the data points to him being a dud. If they've carried out 100s of tests and all the low scoring players haven't been a success then everything I said is true, he'll either be an outlier or a failure like the rest of the low scoring players. Nothing controversial about that.

Thats an impossible statement without seeing all the data

• Beer 1

23 minutes ago, DeSim said:

And if he does fall to 9, if we were picking there, we'd have to think why in the hell would he have dropped.  Major red flags and we'd probably pass on him too at that point.

If we hadn't traded up, there is no saying he'd had been there had we stayed.  At this point, the huddle is just freaking out over subjective bullshit. 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

Just now, pantherclaw said:

If we hadn't traded up, there is no saying he'd had been there had we stayed.  At this point, the huddle is just freaking out over subjective bullshit. 

Im not saying we shouldnt have traded up, all I am saying is I wish we would have waited to see how the draft goes.  Someone always drops and in this particular class all 4 top qbs have huge question marks

Just now, frankw said:

Bummer he has to defend himself from these attacks on his intelligence. I hope he does well wherever he goes.

Seriously I hope most of these young men have great careers.  It's better for the NFL honestly.  Now if he gets drafted by the Falcons, Saints, or Bucs he can be a total "dud" for all I care.  

• Beer 2

Just now, frankw said:

Bummer he has to defend himself from these attacks on his intelligence. I hope he does well wherever he goes.

No one's attacking his intelligence.  It's a cognitive test. It measures reaction time and awareness.  Has nothing to do with intelligence. 

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Im not saying we shouldnt have traded up, all I am saying is I wish we would have waited to see how the draft goes.  Someone always drops and in this particular class all 4 top qbs have huge question marks

What if the player we don't want is the one that drops.  Say our staff doesn't want Stroud and he is the one that drops.  You want a season of Andy Dalton???

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, PantherOnTheProwl1523 said:

I would tend to believe someone that has more football knowledge than either of us. And by the way you must enjoy saying a false statement about CJ being a dud which is totally ridiculous and lame to even say something stupid like that.

And there's been plenty of people with vast football knowledge that DO put stock into the test, more so than its deniers.  You can't just choose the side you agree with as the one telling the truth.  Also saying that CJ Stroud might be a dud isn't a false statement, its simply a prediction based on his processing ability.  Whether that will be proven true or not in the future remains to be seen. 

As much as Young is an outlier due to his size, CJ will be just as much an outlier due to his processing.  I really do wish CJ luck, but I think he's going to need a very good team around him to excel at the NFL level.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1