• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If Drake Maye was in this draft would you pick him over Young?

ENC Pantherfan

If Drake Maye was in this draft would you pick him over Bryce Young?  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Maye or Young?

• Maye
    • Young

With Maye's small sample size, I'd still have to say Young. His processing and feel for the position are incredible, especially for such a young guy. 

Maye has all of the physical tools, but I think he still has a lot to prove to be a top 5 pick. 

• Pie 1

In this type of hypothetical, you're just comparing traits.  Does Maye have great traits?  Sure?  I guess?  I dunno.

What I do know is that he's not up for drafting.  Neither is Williams of USC.  We have our pick of the litter of this year's QBs, and that's what matters to me.

Who has better traits?  Maye or Richardson?  Williams or Levis?  Sadly, being a QB needy team for as long as we've been, we live in this perpetual "edging" fantasy of having it all when we get nothing out of it.

Well, that time is over.  In a little over 12 hours from right now (7:45am), we'll know who our next QB is.  This wonder team of of coaches will coach them up because their livelihoods depend on it. 

If they pick the wrong guy?  Sucks for us, but I heard the QB class in 4 years is going to be something!  For many of them, it's a loss of a job.  The NFL and Tepper won't care too much as they will still get our money.

37 minutes ago, The Natural said:

It's the same story every year. The next QB class is going to be "infinitely better" then once that season rolls around the current top QB's are dissected and we're told we should wait for the next class because it'll be better.

I dunno. I’m not sure the Pickett class was projected to be better than the Lawrence class. 

21 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

I don't care for UNC but you take Drake Maye every year over Young. Anyone who watched him this year knows that.

I'm an App State fan and after the UNC - App game I went on the UNC board and let people know, because I knew, that he was a legit Heisman Contender. He didn't misfire a single ball that entire game. Pure insanity from a ball placement standpoint, speed, stature.

I'd also rather have Will Andersom than 5'9 Bryce Young so...whatever. Young is too small. He's going to get hurt. And I'll enjoy the blast from the past from 2010.

I’d bet that Young could take UNCs roster and beat State. 

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1