• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Corral post to instagram

13 minutes ago, KatsAzz said:

I can see where Matt Corral would be upset but he needs to take the high road by keeping quite, making sure he doesn't  becomes his own worst enemy.

That is great advice he should have considered prior to posting that statement on the google.  

He probably has a lot of talent and is in a bad situation but from a business and numbers standpoint he is a 3rd string QB making waves.  I think there’s a bit of damage control needed on this one.

• Pie 2

15 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Wouldn't assume that...

Even if we keep three, that doesn't guarantee Corral is the third.

Corral versus Jacob Eason I guess? Would almost guarantee Corral wins that.

I think, personally, most people should feel bad for him. He was drafted to the most dysfunctional coaching staff in the NFL and it wasn't even really close. The only thing he can do is work 10x harder now to get that on tape and get traded. Tepper wanted Young and he got him.

• Pie 1

14 hours ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

That is great advice he should have considered prior to posting that statement on the google.  

He probably has a lot of talent and is in a bad situation but from a business and numbers standpoint he is a 3rd string QB making waves.  I think there’s a bit of damage control needed on this one.

I think 98% of the Huddle would feel the same as him. You get drafted, then you're taking 4th string snaps behind PJ Walker, Sam Darnold, and Baker Mayfield, getting maybe 8 live snaps a practice. Then you're told you're going in for a full half of preseason behind 4th and 5th offensive linemen.

Mental reps are great, but how are you supposed to truly learn the offense well enough to run it, in preseason, with 8 snaps a practice? Most scoring drives would have 20 or so snaps.

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, CPcavedweller said:

I think 98% of the Huddle would feel the same as him. You get drafted, then you're taking 4th string snaps behind PJ Walker, Sam Darnold, and Baker Mayfield, getting maybe 8 live snaps a practice. Then you're told you're going in for a full half of preseason behind 4th and 5th offensive linemen.

Mental reps are great, but how are you supposed to truly learn the offense well enough to run it, in preseason, with 8 snaps a practice? Most scoring drives would have 20 or so snaps.

Agreed that everyone would feel the same and his situation is bad. I do feel bad for him. But the problem is related to how he is dealing with the issue.

Lashing out at the folks that can help change your status, who are the same ones writing your paychecks, is probably not the best coping strategy.  

I do think he should get a shot and may have the talent to stick, but his post does not help his cause. 

7 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I am not sure if this has been discussed but I can only find a wonderlic test for Corral (15) but I cannot find a s2 score.  So if we value the s2 score so highly why didnt he take it?

Can you find other s2 scores from last year I havent been able to? I know Purdy scored in the 90s but that didnt come out until after he was successful. Feels like no one leaked the scores last year and then the Purdy success lead to the media being more focused on it.

Edited by stan786

10 minutes ago, stan786 said:

Can you find other s2 scores from last year I havent been able to? I know Purdy scored in the 90s but that didnt come out until after he was successful. Feels like no one leaked the scores last year and then the Purdy success lead to the media being more focused on it.

just found zach wilson 84%, kindof showing its not the end all be all.  My point is if we valued it so highly then why wasnt it trotted out last year? 

21 minutes ago, stan786 said:

I mean S2 is going to leak the ones that were good with success aka Burrow, Mahomes, and company.  Anyone who did well and still struggles or did bad and looks great they probably don't care to have out.  They are kind of cherry picking to make the test look more legit IMO.  

9 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

just found zach wilson 84%, kindof showing its not the end all be all.  My point is if we valued it so highly then why wasnt it trotted out last year? 

I guess I'd say we could have valued it highly and the media not yet caught up fast enough to actually know to try and share it yet.

Just think S2 was massively more reported on this year than in the past after the Purdy stuff.  Wilson is a good example of how a high score doesn't automatically mean good, also there definitely isnt enough data to say a bad score automatically means bad. Just trends that we cant really judge because we only have incomplete data as fans, but the teams seem to think the trend is real I guess.

Sounds like there are certain pieces of the score that correlate better than the entire score as well, and we dont get to see any of those.

39 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

It's already been reported that there have been QBs who scored well on the S2 who have done poorly in the NFL, but never a QB who has done poorly on the S2 who has been successful in the NFL.  Almost definitely too small of a sample size though since the S2 is relatively new.

Who are "we" that are valuing it so highly?  If you're talking about us Huddlers, then how are we supposed to access S2 scores that aren't being publicly reported?  If you have a public database somewhere, please feel free to share it.  And if you're talking about "we" as in the front office, then we're talking about Rhule's team last year.  We don't know how much emphasis Rhule placed on the S2, nor do we even really know how much emphasis this coaching staff/FO places on the S2...I don't recall that ever being reported.

14 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

It's already been reported that there have been QBs who scored well on the S2 who have done poorly in the NFL, but never a QB who has done poorly on the S2 who has been successful in the NFL.  Almost definitely too small of a sample size though since the S2 is relatively new.

Who are "we" that are valuing it so highly?  If you're talking about us Huddlers, then how are we supposed to access S2 scores that aren't being publicly reported?  If you have a public database somewhere, please feel free to share it.  And if you're talking about "we" as in the front office, then we're talking about Rhule's team last year.  We don't know how much emphasis Rhule placed on the S2, nor do we even really know how much emphasis this coaching staff/FO places on the S2...I don't recall that ever being reported.

It has been reported that Tepper is a big believer in the S2

We must not value the draft very much. As someone else said, this was a Fitterer pick not a Rhule pick obviously.  

Sam Darnold: 6, 2, and a 4.

CJ Henderson: 3 + Dan Arnold.

Matt Corral: 4 and a 3.

A 2, two 3's, two 4's, and a 6 for what?  If Bryce Young fails, the Carolina Panthers are the new Browns.