• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dave Tepper has become a major asset for the Panthers

TheSpecialJuan

I’m giving him a pass on his earlier years, just too green as an owner and too much money, wanted immediate results

Where having a guy like Tepper over Richardson (RIP BIGCAT) is the ability to spend for having the best possible coaching staff, scouts, etc. There’s no salary cap on coaches and based on the staff the Panthers put together this year, Tepper had a massive wallet flex.

When it comes time to a stadium (I personally don’t want one, I love BOA) but Tepper will have a massive flex on

When it comes time to deciding Stroud or Young, I want Tepper to give an opinion but Fitterer and Co to choose who they feel is the best player, not who Dow Jones Tepper wanted

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, WUnderhill said:

Hiring Matt Rhule was his biggest mistake. There is a lot to like of what he said in this press conference. He admits he’s not a football expert, so he’s not a cocky know-it-all. He let Scott and Frank and the scouts do their job and stayed out of the way. He has a good grasp of what it means to own a business and hire the right people so that you can let those people do the job you hired them for.

I mean that tweet shows that he pressured the GM to trade up to #1 overall. 

That's a meddling owner who knows about as much about football as your average Huddler.

Besides his vast wealth I just don't see how he's been an asset. He's had whatever the opposite of the Midas Touch is so far.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2
  • Poo 6

14 minutes ago, Pup McBarky said:

He made a massive mistake with Rhule, but he seems genuinely like a guy who learns from his mistakes and is determined not to repeat them. This is a very good thing.

Beats the hell out of JR's "family" approach to running a team.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Nah, way too big of an easily-avoidable hole to dig out of so quickly. May be trending in the right direction though.

Yeah, I think a better title for the thread would be "Dave Tepper CAN become a major asset." I hope he does and continues to be. We'll see.

• Pie 2

17 minutes ago, Pup McBarky said:

He made a massive mistake with Rhule, but he seems genuinely like a guy who learns from his mistakes and is determined not to repeat them. This is a very good thing.

Results matter.

I like the direction we appear to be headed but until we get there, he has been an extremely unsuccessful owner.

• Pie 6
  • Beer 3

Just now, kungfoodude said:

Results matter.

I like the direction we appear to be headed but until we get there, he has been an extremely unsuccessful owner.

See my reply above. I agree. He's not proven to be an asset up until now, but he seems (emphasis on SEEMS) to be learning how to be one. I hope he is and continues in that direction.

• Pie 2

9 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

I mean that tweet shows that he pressured the GM to trade up to #1 overall. 

That's a meddling owner who knows about as much about football as your average Huddler.

Besides his vast wealth I just don't see how he's been an asset. He's had whatever the opposite of the Midas Touch is so far.

You’re reaching pretty hard on the meddling part. He didn’t meddle with Rhule either he just made a hiring mistake and gave him too much power. Did you watch the press conference? They talk a lot about the process on the trade. There’s no doubt the team has not been good yet with him as owner, but he seems to be getting a lot right now that Rhule is gone.